5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

High quality 12” Screen Protector

Blee2221

Reaction score
Hey guys. If you are looking for a high quality tempered glass screen protector for your 12” Uconnect screen, Kykr products is the way to go. They are a newer company but their product speaks for itself. Their screen protector goes edge to edge with barely any gap between the radio trim piece and the screen protector, unlike some other screen protectors that leave a small gap between. You barely even know it’s there. I’ve had it on my truck for 3 weeks now and don’t even notice it. No issues with it either. Overall, super satisfied with this product and wanted to give credit when it’s due.

Here’s their website: https://www.kykrbrands.com/

And amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/KYKR-2019-Do...ge+ram+screen&qid=1552506776&s=gateway&sr=8-5

Attachments

• 7FC19477-2ECE-4562-AB3B-950211DFF4B3.jpeg
    7FC19477-2ECE-4562-AB3B-950211DFF4B3.jpeg
    118.2 KB · Views: 122
  • A277EF08-542E-4F33-A350-D228F9631FA8.jpeg
    A277EF08-542E-4F33-A350-D228F9631FA8.jpeg
    129 KB · Views: 123
  • BC249BE8-2A24-4FBB-841F-58FEF5344CAB.jpeg
    BC249BE8-2A24-4FBB-841F-58FEF5344CAB.jpeg
    125.6 KB · Views: 120

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
I bought one for $13 that’s well reviewed on this forum.... what’s the difference with the $35 one?

RAMRhode

Reaction score
My guess is the anti glare claim? Although, very suspect on that. Can OP report the glare reduction claims, please? I have the LFOTTP screen and I seem to find the glare enhanced. However, fits very well on all other counts.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the $13 one and it is not anti-glare, so you may be correct. It works great though, even if it was a bit tough to get lined up properly at first.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok, I get people using screen protectors on smart phones. I don't get one on a vehicle navigation screen. I've had nav screens on about 20 cars and trucks and for the life of me I don't get the need. Things don't get thrown at it. It doesn't get dropped. Short of crashing the truck I don't see it getting damaged.

At this point, I don't even have a screen protector on my Samsung Galaxy Note 9.

SirAirwick

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I've been wondering about a product like that. Does it reduce the vibrancy (or whatever the correct adjective is) of the screen? I have an anti fingerprint protector on my phone and it is a bit of a matte finish. Still looks good but I can notice a difference on my S8.

Blee2221

Reaction score
My guess is the anti glare claim? Although, very suspect on that. Can OP report the glare reduction claims, please? I have the LFOTTP screen and I seem to find the glare enhanced. However, fits very well on all other counts.

Definitely helps keep the glare and finger prints down.

Ok, I get people using screen protectors on smart phones. I don't get one on a vehicle navigation screen. I've had nav screens on about 20 cars and trucks and for the life of me I don't get the need. Things don't get thrown at it. It doesn't get dropped. Short of crashing the truck I don't see it getting damaged.

At this point, I don't even have a screen protector on my Samsung Galaxy Note 9.

Helps keep fingerprints, dust, and glare down. And puts my ocd at ease.

Blee2221

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I've been wondering about a product like that. Does it reduce the vibrancy (or whatever the correct adjective is) of the screen? I have an anti fingerprint protector on my phone and it is a bit of a matte finish. Still looks good but I can notice a difference on my S8.

If by vibrancy you mean if it distorts the colors of the screen, it does not at all. Don’t even notice it is there.

JXL118

Reaction score

I guess I feel the opposite. I don't put one on my phone because i know it's getting replaced in a year or 2. I put one (cheap Amazon) on the truck because I'll have it for at least 10 years. Don't wanna live with a scratch that long.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought one for $13 that’s well reviewed on this forum.... what’s the difference with the $35 one?
I also bought the $13 one listed in the other thread. It's tempered glass and fit edge to edge. No defects and chrystal clear. My advise is to save your money. It's a square piece of tempered glass. There is no magic. Either fits or not. Mine fits perfect.

JDBob35a

Reaction score
I have the cheaper one and it looks/fits perfect, I don't notice any glare problems.
Reason I wanted some protection on the screen - My last Ford I was cleaning the inside, grabbed a clean microfiber to dust off the screen, evidently the rag picked up some kind of trash from somewhere and it made a light scratch on the screen, I had to live with that for 3 years. Bout had a heart attack. For under $20 I can make sure I don't have that issue again.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I guess I feel the opposite. I don't put one on my phone because i know it's getting replaced in a year or 2. I put one (cheap Amazon) on the truck because I'll have it for at least 10 years. Don't wanna live with a scratch that long.
I'm the opposite. I change vehicles more often than phones. ;)

maddog49

Reaction score
This is just a different brand most likely made in the same factory as the $13 one (which is very nice). You see this withbalot of the screen protector companies where they all rebrand the same product from a factory in China.

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I also bought the $13 one listed in the other thread. It's tempered glass and fit edge to edge. No defects and chrystal clear. My advise is to save your money. It's a square piece of tempered glass. There is no magic. Either fits or not. Mine fits perfect.
Can you send me the link? Im looking for an 8.4 though. Thanks

Srharter

Reaction score
This is just a different brand most likely made in the same factory as the $13 one (which is very nice). You see this withbalot of the screen protector companies where they all rebrand the same product from a factory in China.
I believe the difference between this one and the $13 item is the stated anti-fingerprint/glare function.

Users who are viewing this thread