5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

High beams and fog lights

osage91

Reaction score
Can anybody lead me in the direction of a solution that would allow my fogs to stay on with the high beam headlights? I have the led light group if that matters. Also not looking to purchase a $250+ programmer if it’s possible to do it without one.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Cheap(free) solution hold your flash to past on, pull stalk back and hold instead of pushing it forward. :giggle:

brawler1588

Reaction score
Cheap(free) solution hold your flash to past on, pull stalk back and hold instead of pushing it forward. :giggle:
That way does time out though after a little.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

MotoMoose68

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I just bought a 2020 3500 and want to have fogs on with high beams. I would really like to know what is driving the fogs to turn off on 5th gen trucks. I know on other brands, sometimes it's a high beam relay that cuts power or ground to fog relay. On other vehicles it's the pcm that controls ground to the fog relay.
Had anyone researched this? I'd really like to know if it's as simple as supplying ground to a fog relay terminal.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I just bought a 2020 3500 and want to have fogs on with high beams. I would really like to know what is driving the fogs to turn off on 5th gen trucks. I know on other brands, sometimes it's a high beam relay that cuts power or ground to fog relay. On other vehicles it's the pcm that controls ground to the fog relay.
Had anyone researched this? I'd really like to know if it's as simple as supplying ground to a fog relay terminal.
I have the LED headlights and fog lights. I’ve jumped some relays in the past on older trucks. Anyone know if this is possible to keep the fog lights on a 2019?

Last edited:

Ricks2021

Reaction score
Can anybody lead me in the direction of a solution that would allow my fogs to stay on with the high beam headlights? I have the led light group if that matters. Also not looking to purchase a $250+ programmer if it’s possible to do it without one.
I am looking for the same thing. There was a company that made a jumper wire of some kind for the 4 th gen.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
TazerDT.

It's controlled by the BCM. Not going to jumper around it in the 5th gens.

TSL

Reaction score
This seems to be a US standard thing that fogs drop with high beams. I grew up in Ireland and over there fogs always stayed on with high beams. Very useful on a dark wet night with side-ways rain. Wouldn't matter in heavy fog because you wouldn't want your high beams on in real thick fog. We also had rear fogs, an extra bright red light ( or sometimes two, but usually one ) at the back. It's genuinely useful when driving in, you know, actual fog, when it can be hard to see the car in front. Forgetting to turn the rears off when you drove out of fog was a sure way to get flashed by the guy behind you because they were annoyingly bright in normal night time conditions. But I don't think I've ever seen rear fog lights on a US vehicle ?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This seems to be a US standard thing that fogs drop with high beams. I grew up in Ireland and over there fogs always stayed on with high beams. Very useful on a dark wet night with side-ways rain. Wouldn't matter in heavy fog because you wouldn't want your high beams on in real thick fog. We also had rear fogs, an extra bright red light ( or sometimes two, but usually one ) at the back. It's genuinely useful when driving in, you know, actual fog, when it can be hard to see the car in front. Forgetting to turn the rears off when you drove out of fog was a sure way to get flashed by the guy behind you because they were annoyingly bright in normal night time conditions. But I don't think I've ever seen rear fog lights on a US vehicle ?
Not a domestic built vehicle. My 2002 US spec Volvo S60 has rear fog light.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
about the rear fog light. AEC, that prepares the RAMs for the export market in the EU and UAE adds rear fog lights in the bumper and adjust the light button in the car to make available to put on and off the front and or rear fog lights.

here you can see the rear LED fog lights and tucked away above them, the reflectors.

1664194954113.png

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
but more expensive
Yes, but offers features you can't get with alfaOBD. So need to weigh the features it offers and decide if it's something you would want. For me, it was a better bargain than alfaOBD because I use the TazerDT features more than I have used alfaOBD

Users who are viewing this thread