5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

High beam headlight issue

lemyers49

Reaction score
I have a 2020 RAM. My headlights operate normally on the low beam but will not switch to high beam when the turn signal stem is pushed forward. The lights flash to high beam when toggled rearward and return to low beam when released as normal. The dealer says they will have to schedule a service appt to even check it out.
Anyone have any suggestions in the interim?

Goldsy

Reaction score
Check the lights settings to see if your auto high beams are enabled, they will remain off if it detects another vehicle in front of you or coming towards you. You can turn that feature off. That might not be the issue, but just getting the obvious one out of the way.

lemyers49

Reaction score
Check the lights settings to see if your auto high beams are enabled, they will remain off if it detects another vehicle in front of you or coming towards you. You can turn that feature off. That might not be the issue, but just getting the obvious one out of the way.
Thank you for your suggestion.

photog0611

Reaction score
What did the dealer determine the cause of your high beam not working on the forward position, but working on the reverse (flash) position? I am having the exact same problem on my 2021 Ram 1500. I have turned off the auto-dim feature for the high beams with no effect. Thanks!!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Ducky5

Reaction score
You can also try to change the headlights from "auto" to the fully on position, if that works I would suspect something with the auto high beams.

My '22 Limited and '15 Laramie both had auto high beams. They wouldn't come on if I wasn't going under maybe 10mph.

Users who are viewing this thread