5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi everyone, this is Matt from B2 Fabrication

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I ended up getting my B2 oval muffler welded last week. I installed myself almost a year ago and could never just get the clamp tight enough. It was totally bottomed out. I started noticing a noise a couple weeks ago and finally got under the truck and the joint was totally loose and had soot all around it. Brought it to my local trusted shop and they cleaned it up and welded the seam. Sounds perfect again.
Matt was shipping the wrong size clamps for quite a while. I had the same issue and immediately reached out to him. If you contacted him when you first installed it, he would have sent you the proper clamp at no charge. The fact that it was bottoming out when you first installed it should have told you something wasn't right. In the end, having it welded is the better option anyway.

JbVt

Reaction score
Matt was shipping the wrong size clamps for quite a while. I had the same issue and immediately reached out to him. If you contacted him when you first installed it, he would have sent you the proper clamp at no charge. The fact that it was bottoming out when you first installed it should have told you something wasn't right. In the end, having it welded is the better option anyway.
I had read that on here and did reach out a short while after the install and he was certain the batch of wrong size clamps was over. Not bad mouthing at all. I should of been more ambitious with looking into it. Then time went on and I didn’t feel right asking for a new clamp 6+ months later. I fully stand by his products and will not hesitate to purchase again if the need arises.

2jzDave

Reaction score
Just got my moderate muffler delivered today. Nice high quality piece with great welds. Installation was simple, I opted to remove the front hanger and rear hangers with bracket from the truck and swapping them to the new muffler off the truck. Seemed to work well for me instead of fighting with them while laying on my back. I used copper rtv on the expanded pipe slip joint and I also used it to seal the weep holes in the stock resonators.

First start I was pleasantly surprised that it sounded nearly stock volume, with a nice deep throaty tone. You hear it in the cab during acceleration, even casual driving, but it is not loud it's just a deeper bass tone. My phone mic doesn't depict the sound at all because it's very deep. At idle it has a nice rumble. While cruising it is absolutely as silent as the stock muffler was. I know everyone's portrayal of drone is different, this truly is silent cruising. This is exactly what I was looking for and I am very pleased with it!

Users who are viewing this thread