5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey 6-12 Posse, what mods are planned for the new trucks?

1scruffynerfherder

Reaction score
I am just curious what you guys are planning for the Rebel 12's when they arrive? I've got a spreadsheet with details of all the things I need/want for the truck.....not sure if that's unusual but I have a spreadsheet for most things.
One of the reasons I joined this forum was to learn from other enthusiasts what and how they modify their trucks. I've gained a lot of useful information here through the sharing of knowledge and experience, so I'm very interested to see what other people are planning and to get feedback on my plans.

So far these are my plans.
  1. Tyres - General Grabber X3 35x12.50R20
  2. Wheels - watch this space
  3. Running Boards - RB20 Go Rhino - Purchased
  4. Suspension lift - ReadyLift SST 3.5" lift kit - Purchased
  5. CAI - Unknown
  6. Headers - Unknown
  7. Exhaust - Carven Cat back - Purchased
  8. Tonneau Cover - Leaning towards Bakflip MX4

Last edited:

bsmith144

Reaction score
Wheels (Fuel Vapor Matte Black)
Access Original Tonneau Cover
Rubber mud flaps (likely Mopar)
Possibly leveling kit for front end

robe2388

Reaction score
I'm honestly thinking of staying stock for a while other than de-badging. With that being said, I know for sure my first mod when the mod bug hits will be new wheels probably 20s on 33s.

1scruffynerfherder

Reaction score
Not allowed in Maine either, but that never stopped me.
Really? Do you know how anal the cops are about it or what the ticket is if you get caught?
When I went to transfer my M4 from Texas the guy told me it wouldn't pass inspection, luckily I sold the car but it would suck just to have rear windows tinted.

RueferChi

Reaction score
Planning a catback exhaust right away. Leaning towards the Mopar, but waiting to see some reviews. Probably stock for a while after that. Of course, that assumes FCA is going to let me order my Rebel 12 sometime soon. Grr.

Paulny

Reaction score
Mopar off-road steps, 295/70/18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers and Mopar 18" black wheels with beadlock, Bakflip MX4 tonneau cover for Rambox, maybe exhaust, Mopar cold air intake (when available), and who knows what else I will order from Mopar accessories /aftermarket :D

Doc

Reaction score
Really? Do you know how anal the cops are about it or what the ticket is if you get caught?
When I went to transfer my M4 from Texas the guy told me it wouldn't pass inspection, luckily I sold the car but it would suck just to have rear windows tinted.
I have never been bothered. I had it done when stationed in the south, moved back home and never had an issue.

Paulny

Reaction score
I have never been bothered. I had it done when stationed in the south, moved back home and never had an issue.

Man, here in NY the state troopers are crazy anal about window tint. Of course, it's illegal here and they will pull you over in a heartbeat. So, unfortunately no tint for me.

Paulny

Reaction score
Head up 6-12 Posse, your Rebel 12 is now available for you to add to the Mopar owners site. The whole build and options pops up with all other applicable information. Kinda cool!

https://www.mopar.com/ramtrucks

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You will have to wait on the Dominator D6's they haven't made them yet for the 2019's. Those are the ones I want too. I still got about 2 months before I see my truck so hopefully the have them by then if not then the RB20's look good too.

1scruffynerfherder

Reaction score
You will have to wait on the Dominator D6's they haven't made them yet for the 2019's. Those are the ones I want too. I still got about 2 months before I see my truck so hopefully the have them by then if not then the RB20's look good too.
Have you seen either version in person. I like the fact that you can get the RB20 in the bedliner coating, but that doesn't appear to be an option for the D6's.

2019REBEL

Reaction score
Have you seen either version in person. I like the fact that you can get the RB20 in the bedliner coating, but that doesn't appear to be an option for the D6's.

I have seen the RB20's in textured black but not the D6's. I had some N-Fab ones on a previous truck and the lasted about 2 years before I had to start spray painting them with tremclad. So in spring it was just one more thing to do. Overall I liked the N-Fab ones but I like how the Go Rhino ones sit up close to the rocker panel.

1scruffynerfherder

Reaction score
I have seen the RB20's in textured black but not the D6's. I had some N-Fab ones on a previous truck and the lasted about 2 years before I had to start spray painting them with tremclad. So in spring it was just one more thing to do. Overall I liked the N-Fab ones but I like how the Go Rhino ones sit up close to the rocker panel.
Cheers. I'm leaning towards the RB20's because I've slipped on the rounded tube/edge of a pair similar to those D6's before. I like the look of both though but I think the bedliner coating will be more durable than the textured black as well.

2019REBEL

Reaction score
Cheers. I'm leaning towards the RB20's because I've slipped on the rounded tube/edge of a pair similar to those D6's before. I like the look of both though but I think the bedliner coating will be more durable than the textured black as well.

I use a Rust-Oleum Epoxy Shield(anti slip coating) on my rear step(smittybilt beaver step)

Users who are viewing this thread