5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here are the 2019 Ram 1500 Hemi eTorque MPG numbers

tmartley

Reaction score
Yesterday we told you that the 2019 Ram 1500 with the 5.7 Hemi with mild hybrid eTorque system has entered production. Later on in the day some of our forummembers did some digging around and found some window stickers for a few trucks that have been produced. It appears that the crew cab 4×4 with the 5.7 Hemi is rated at 17 MPG city, 22 MPG highway and 19 MPG combined. That makes the new eTorque Hemi the most fuel efficient V8 pickup in its class. The eTorque Hemi bests the non eTorque equipped truck by 2 MPG city, 1 MPG highway and 2 MPG combined. On top of the fuel efficiency savings the eTorque equipped truck is also availabile to provide up to 130ft lbs of launch torque over the non eTorque equipped version.

2019 Ram 1500 with eTorque Hemi window sticker​
5thGenRams will be driving an eTorque equipped truck as soon as possible and will provide a full review.

Thanks to our forum members that dug this information up!

tmartley

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Limited, crew cab, 4x4, with 3.92 differential, short box. With 87 octane I get about 15 mpg around town. Ram says 89 octane works better so I tried it. I don't get 17mpg mpg like the sticker says but more like 16.5, according to the built in computer. I live in the Black Hills of South Dakota. Reg. 87 octane costs about $2.75 per gallon. The 89 is about $2.95, or $.20 gallon more. If you divide mileage into cost per gallon, you are further ahead with the 89 octane by a hair. So, I use 89 octane. These are good solid numbers except for the fact I live in pretty hilly country. Flatlanders probably would get the 17mpg around town with the 89 octane

tmartley

Reaction score
Yesterday we told you that the 2019 Ram 1500 with the 5.7 Hemi with mild hybrid eTorque system has entered production. Later on in the day some of our forummembers did some digging around and found some window stickers for a few trucks that have been produced. It appears that the crew cab 4×4 with the 5.7 Hemi is rated at 17 MPG city, 22 MPG highway and 19 MPG combined. That makes the new eTorque Hemi the most fuel efficient V8 pickup in its class. The eTorque Hemi bests the non eTorque equipped truck by 2 MPG city, 1 MPG highway and 2 MPG combined. On top of the fuel efficiency savings the eTorque equipped truck is also availabile to provide up to 130ft lbs of launch torque over the non eTorque equipped version.

5thGenRams will be driving an eTorque equipped truck as soon as possible and will provide a full review.

I have a 2019 Ram Crew, 4x4, 1500 Limited, E torque 5.7 V8, with 3.92 rear end. I use 89 octane and will get about 17mpg in town on flat roads. If have to climb a lot of hills I get around 16 mpg. in town. With A/C on, I lose 1 mpg.
I have 3000 miles on the truck and it has never come close to 22 highway. Best I have done is about 18 at 75 mph. I do not think I will ever get 22 mpg unless I am going down hill with a tail wind at 65 mph. I do not believe Rams MPG #'s.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram Crew, 4x4, 1500 Limited, E torque 5.7 V8, with 3.92 rear end. I use 89 octane and will get about 17mpg in town on flat roads. If have to climb a lot of hills I get around 16 mpg. in town. With A/C on, I lose 1 mpg.
I have 3000 miles on the truck and it has never come close to 22 highway. Best I have done is about 18 at 75 mph. I do not think I will ever get 22 mpg unless I am going down hill with a tail wind at 65 mph. I do not believe Rams MPG #'s.
You have a Limited 4x4 with 3.92s, i.e. a very heavy truck with a rear-end ratio designed for pulling, not economy. You should have zero expectations of achieving the advertised numbers!

Ram4141

Reaction score
My '19 4x4 cc hemi e-torque hand calculated average with mixed driving has been right around 18mpg. I have 2400 miles on her.

skracus

Reaction score
I'm at about 900 miles into my 2020 Ram 1500 Limited and averaging 14.8 mpg. That's a long way from 19 and I'm driving in a manner to achieve them. The only time I'm seeing 22 on the highway is coasting downhill. I'm hoping to see this jump considerably after the break in period. So far driving very reserved is not giving me the results I was getting in my 2016 Ram 1500 Sport with the 5.7

I'm also seeing some funky software issues. Backup up camera wouldn't shut down after coming out of reverse until the car sat parked for some time. This morning driving to work the dash lights went to full brightness and no longer respond to the brightness dial. Bright Lights do not auto dim when a car approaches. Hopefully just bugs a flash will take care of.

SoCADesertRat

Reaction score
Would be appreciated for you gents reporting gas mileage to indicate if you are using the onboard MPG indicator or hand calculating plus share with us what octane level gasoline you are using.
Mine just hit 700 miles and has not really seen many highway miles yet, but hope to do some calculating soon.
Thanks.

skracus

Reaction score
Would be appreciated for you gents reporting gas mileage to indicate if you are using the onboard MPG indicator or hand calculating plus share with us what octane level gasoline you are using.
Mine just hit 700 miles and has not really seen many highway miles yet, but hope to do some calculating soon.
Thanks.

I'm basing my MPG on the on-board computer. I bought my truck as a demo with 575 miles on it (so not much of a demo) and I imagine they filled it up with regular. I'm filling up today with 89 Octane and hoping to see some improvement.

skracus

Reaction score
Found this informative as well as entertaining. For those with Auto Start/ Stop

Users who are viewing this thread