5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hemi w/ eTorque pricing question

4sallypat

Reaction score
So I am looking at a Rebel and there are 2 Rebels identical except for the engine pricing.

One says "5.7–Liter V8 HEMI MDS VVT eTorque Engine $2,645"

The other says "5.7–Liter V8 HEMI MDS VVT eTorque Engine $1,995"

$650 difference.
Is there a difference in design / construction / revision / software ???

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There are a couple of threads aboutthe price change. And about early builds vs late builds. I am sure you saw the threads about issues and alot of them have been more so in the early models.

I guess if you can get a deal, go with the late build...but if you do the delivery checklist check on them...either will be fine

4sallypat

Reaction score
Wow, so this tells me the Rebel I am looking with the lower priced Hemi w/ eTorque is a very early build.

I am now a bit worried after reading thru threads about how unhappy the early builds were.

Should I have the dealer allow me to do an extended test drive where I run it thru a car wash a couple times to make sure it does not leak, feel for shaky/wobbly suspension, UConnect issues, etc ???

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldn't be worried. Check the truck over, pay close attention to the areas outlined.

Not all early builds had issues. Some later builds have had different issues.

Get the truck that has what you want, meet a your needs, and at a price you are comfortable with.

Be prepared for some issues, and your experience will be much better.

I wish I could convince myself the 1500 would work for me...a Rebel would be in the drive tonight...unless I got a better deal on a Laramie with Sport Package and Off Road Group.:)

Users who are viewing this thread