5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hemi question

Zemlyak

Reaction score
While driving my 2021 Ram 1500/Hemi 5.7L, how do I know on when my engine got into 4 cylinder driving mode? Eco light? Thanks!

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
While driving my 2021 Ram 1500/Hemi 5.7L, how do I know on when my engine got into 4 cylinder driving mode? Eco light? Thanks!

Yes, the Eco light on the 5th gens will come on in MDS mode. If you haven't already, you can turn on that light in the Uconnect screen options.

While you are at it, you should also turn on your "Current Gear" option in the gauge menu settings, which is off by default. This is a nice little feature that shows you what gear your truck is in currently.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Yes, the Eco light on the 5th gens will come on in MDS mode. If you haven't already, you can turn on that light in the Uconnect screen options.

While you are at it, you should also turn on your "Current Gear" option in the gauge menu settings, which is off by default. This is a nice little feature that shows you what gear your truck is in currently.
some level 1 or A equipment group do not have this option. you have to set it manually every time you put the truck into drive

SD Rebel

Reaction score
eco shows only when in 4banger no way to adjust
gear only when manually set

Wow, that's interesting, how do you turn the current gear indicator on with that system? You have to fiddle through the menus as well?

SD Rebel

Reaction score
gear selector on the steering wheel using + and -

Isn't that the gear limit?

The current gear is another indicator that would be to the left of that one on the gauge that shows your current gear. Or did they combine that version?

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
some level 1 or A equipment group do not have this option. you have to set it manually every time you put the truck into drive
I think you might be confusing this a little. They all have the option to turn the ECO light on or off, which has no effect on MDS operation. It just enables/disables the indicator. To disable MDS you have to use the gear limit switches all Hemi equipped 5th gens.

Edit: I guess I can't speak to the small gauge cluster display or small uconnect screens, since I haven't used them.

Users who are viewing this thread