5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hemi 5.7 Electronic Throttle Body noise

bskubon

Reaction score
I’ve had bad warranty service experiences, so before taking in, wondering if this noise coming from the throttle body electronic assembly is normal, I.e anyone else notice this noise. Attached video with noise. BTW, confirmed by disconnecting the connector. A39F2992-9051-478E-9A9C-98D554F2D184.jpeg

bskubon

Reaction score
Ops, can’t figure out how to post a video. Any case buzzing noise from this throttle body with just start button in Start position, not running. No error codes and truck runs fine.

Nova

Reaction score
Mine does the same thing with the ignition in run (engine not running), I think that's perfectly normal.

Honestly, it's not something I ever paid attention to, but I'm pretty sure most of my previous cars have done the same thing. I actually had to run out and check to make sure that's the same noise. But yes, same thing here and never had any issues.

bskubon

Reaction score
Nova, thanks for checking, would be great to hear from a few others if this is normal. I have two other Chrysler vehicles that have similar looking electronic throttle bodies and they are quiet with just in run mode but not running. Any RAM techs out there?

bskubon

Reaction score
Anyone else out there that can check for this sound? Thanks in advance

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Nova, thanks for checking, would be great to hear from a few others if this is normal. I have two other Chrysler vehicles that have similar looking electronic throttle bodies and they are quiet with just in run mode but not running. Any RAM techs out there?

Hello @bskubon,

We understand if you would like to continue discussing this matter with the forum community, but also feel free to send our team a private message with additional details. Ram Cares would love to provide additional support while you work with your dealer!

Hannah
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread