5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help!

Jamesontf

Reaction score
Six months ago my brother and myself each bought 2022 Ram 1500’s. After going to lunch my brothers battery voltage dropped to 9.7v. We decided to limp to our local Ram dealer Ron Sayer Jeep Dodge, to see if we could get help. As we pulled in I jumped out to see if we could get anyone to come look at this. The service desk said we don’t have time today you’ll have to come back. I walk back out to see the truck dead in the middle of service lane. And no one will help!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Six months ago my brother and myself each bought 2022 Ram 1500’s. After going to lunch my brothers battery voltage dropped to 9.7v. We decided to limp to our local Ram dealer Ron Sayer Jeep Dodge, to see if we could get help. As we pulled in I jumped out to see if we could get anyone to come look at this. The service desk said we don’t have time today you’ll have to come back. I walk back out to see the truck dead in the middle of service lane. And no one will help!
So leave it there.

John Galt

Reaction score
Sounds like he might need a battery? Pull the battery and take it to Auto Zone or Napa or whatever is nearby and they’ll test it.

did it seem to run fine once you got it started? If not could be the charging system.

Jamesontf

Reaction score
So the rest of the story, a Mechanic walked by after driving a car. we asked him for help and he looked at the lights and issues showing on the dash, tested that the power steering was off.
He walked my brother back to the parts desk, where a gal was sitting at a computer. after standing there for 15 minutes she was "ok i didn't see you how can i help. My brother paid 300 for a battery that we had to install. some mechanic walked out with tools to help after 20-30 minutes. keep in mind this is a new 2022 ram 1500 with 10k miles on it. After installing the battery, the truck still had issues but there is no way we are going back to that dealership!!!!!

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
You paid for a battery at the dealership for a 2022? And $300 at that? Should of made them replace it for free under warranty and leave your truck locked (if you could) sitting in the service lane.

Also FYI after replacing the battery if it's causing problems give the truck a SOLID 24 hours before seeing if everything is good.

John Galt

Reaction score
You paid $300 for a battery??

….and they didn’t even install it for you?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
You paid $300 for a battery??

….and they didn’t even install it for you?
Based upon what OP said he got it from the parts department after the service department said they didn't have time for him. Parts didn't give an F about him, and service already told him to go screw :(

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Where in Idaho are you? I do a lot of car shopping in Idaho and wanna be sure to stay away from that dealership.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Truck died in the service lane? I can’t think of a better situation to get it taken care of immediately. Walk away and tell them it’s their problem now since it’s under warranty. No way I would be paying for that battery.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you leave the truck at the dealership or what?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I definitely would have given the keys to a service advisor and tell them if they want it out of service drive its their problem and to let you know when it's fixed.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would call and speak with the service director and/ or the GM of the dealership. I would also reach out to @RamCares

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Since you were at the dealership and a tech provided you some tools, I would have gone to a new vehicle and taken it's battery and left the old one on the floor in the service line. I've done something like this before. Nobody knows what you're doing and they're usually too busy to ask, so a warranty part got replaced with new and the dealer didn't have to do the work. Win win

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi James,

We are sorry to hear about this experience. If you are still having some concerns, have you considered getting a second opinion from another dealership? Please send us a private message with some additional details. We'd love to offer further support at that time.

Lex
Ram Cares

Spritle

Reaction score
I had a similar experience with a Ford dealer. IMO, it seems that dealerships are getting really bad in post sale customer service.

TxRN

Reaction score
That really unfortunate and i'm sorry to hear. Hope you got everything squared away... They (the dealership) doesn't want to know what I would do if I had service like that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online