5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with packages

Welshlass86

Reaction score
The website does not always show current status.

the website shows you more of what you can do where a dealership shows you what's available.

I know you're OCONUS but you should go through a dealership to order what you want. They will be able to tell you exactly what options are available to order rather than submitting an order on-line then getting a notification that X, Y, and/or Z isn't available.
Oh I did go through a dealer it was just taking a while to get info back, and hey are a dealer on base and they order most brands not specifically RAMs, so they had to confirm what exactly each thing was

Welshlass86

Reaction score
Opinions are like... you know, everyone has one. Here's my opinion...

I was in the same situation as you where blind spot and cross path were on the must-have list. I would have ordered a Laramie, but instead ordered a fairly-stripped Limited (see signature below). Blind spot is standard on Limited and still included.

You could try building a Big Horn if you want and adding Blind Spot. I think it is available as an option still on BH for $595, but not 100% certain.

If you stick with a Laramie you can't get blind spot. Also, if you stick with a Laramie, IMO the Level 2/B package is an awful value. The only differences between Level 1/A and 2/B are navigation (still 8.4" screen) and the HK system, but it is a $2200 price difference. The Alpine stereo standard in the Laramie is pretty good ($595 option on Big Horn), some think better than the HK system. You can get navigation for $795, or if you want the 12" screen including navigation for $2095.

A Limited gets you nicer (real) leather, more padded/comfortable seats, more upscale interior (just only use leather cleaner/conditioner on the dash, not armor-all type products), power running boards, spray-in bed liner, LED projector headlights, IMO a better looking grille, and the 12" with navigation standard.

Also, if you get eTorque in a crew cab you get a 23 gallon tank unless you upgrade to the 33 gallon for $445. I think you can get 26 gallon for free but you need to select the box when ordering, and is only available with the Level 2 Big Horn or Level B Laramie packages also selected.

A Big Horn how I would have wanted it was $57k+ MSRP. A Laramie how I wanted it (not including blind spot) would have been just over $60k MSRP. The Limited I have on order is MSRP $62,985. Big Horns don't have much for rebates right now compared to a normal market so only about a $7-8k difference between Big Horn and Limited.
I ended up going with a Laramie. I was given a budget of 800 and going up anymore would have put me over that.
I got level B equipment, and the 26 gallon tank with the e torque engine, I got the night edition so i also selected the 12” display (that was an absolute must have) the dealership gave us discounts on everything in the package a little here and there but total of $4000 off, plus a 500 mil discount, and 1500$ in manufacturer discounts, total build came in at $59,132, unfortunately I have to roll 6k in negative equity into this loan so my hands were tied on moving up to the other trucks.

apparently the chip shortage is supposed to level out by June, so we are requesting the advanced safety package in the hopes it might be able to be added before the vehicle is completed/ships

Oilslick

Reaction score
I ended up going with a Laramie. I was given a budget of 800 and going up anymore would have put me over that.
I got level B equipment, and the 26 gallon tank with the e torque engine, I got the night edition so i also selected the 12” display (that was an absolute must have) the dealership gave us discounts on everything in the package a little here and there but total of $4000 off, plus a 500 mil discount, and 1500$ in manufacturer discounts, total build came in at $59,132, unfortunately I have to roll 6k in negative equity into this loan so my hands were tied on moving up to the other trucks.

apparently the chip shortage is supposed to level out by June, so we are requesting the advanced safety package in the hopes it might be able to be added before the vehicle is completed/ships
Nice choice! I'm sure you'll be happy with it.!

🙂

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Glad you're happy with the deal you got, because in the end that's all that really matters. Now do yourself a favor and don't read threads that talk about deals other people have gotten. Nothing good can come of that, and in the end it's just a bunch of people pumping their chests and trying to make others feel bad about their deals. ;)

I hope you're right about the chip shortage leveling out by June. Unfortunately I don't think that will happen this year. Maybe I'm just being pessimistic :ROFLMAO:

tlewis24

Reaction score
So confusing! I just placed the order though! With level B. The dealer will contact RAM about the advanced safety group package. After some research it seems the school shortage is expected to level out by June
congrats!

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Level B is automatic high beam headlights. Level A is the same thing, bit Level B is for the night edition.
This from the 2017 Ram forum;
"Limited and Longhorn are the only Rams with full leather front and back. Laramie and the Sport optional leather seats have real leather on the front seating surface only. Sport standard seats with the cloth inserts are leatherette (fake leather or more commonly known as vinyl). Everything else is either vinyl or cloth.”
I feel like my Rebel has full leather...am I imagining that now?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I feel like my Rebel has full leather...am I imagining that now?
You have luxury leather trimmed seats in your Rebel if you have the Rebel 12 or Rebel 12A packages. Or if the seats were recovered with leather such as Katskins.

Users who are viewing this thread