5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with packages

Welshlass86

Reaction score
I am trying to order a 2021 ram Laramie, night edition. It has the level B equipment equipment group. I have searched and I cannot determine what exactly that is, I keep coming up with level 1 and 2, not level A and B.

Also, the seats, it’s says leather trimmed, what does that mean?? Are the seats leather or not?
Any help is appreciated, I am ordering from Germany so I cannot go to a dealership to look at one.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Level 1/2 includes Blind Spot Monitoring and Cross Traffic Alert while Level A/B does not

Laramie has simulated leather

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A is identical to Level 1, but minus BSM & CTA

B is identical to Level 2, but minus BSM & CTA

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am trying to order a 2021 ram Laramie, night edition. It has the level B equipment equipment group. I have searched and I cannot determine what exactly that is, I keep coming up with level 1 and 2, not level A and B.

Also, the seats, it’s says leather trimmed, what does that mean?? Are the seats leather or not?
Any help is appreciated, I am ordering from Germany so I cannot go to a dealership to look at one.
Level B is automatic high beam headlights. Level A is the same thing, bit Level B is for the night edition.
This from the 2017 Ram forum;
"Limited and Longhorn are the only Rams with full leather front and back. Laramie and the Sport optional leather seats have real leather on the front seating surface only. Sport standard seats with the cloth inserts are leatherette (fake leather or more commonly known as vinyl). Everything else is either vinyl or cloth.”

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought Level 2/B also came with Navigation? As far as I remember the only differences between 1/A and 2/B were that 2/B has navigation (8.4" screen still) and the HK sound system. IMO not worth the price difference: you're better off getting the 1/A package and then getting the 12" screen that comes with navigation. The Alpine system that is standard in Laramie is pretty good, some say better than the HK system.

Keep in mind Rebel has a 1" lift. I didn't want that due to tailgate height, so ordered a Limited. You could also get a Laramie (or BH or Limited) with the Off Road Group that has a 1" lift as well.

As far as Revel vs Laramie, what features are important to you? How will you be using the truck?

Welshlass86

Reaction score
So this is what I have selected, it says Laramie level 2 trim, not equipment, and level B equipment group. Does remote start come standard?

Attachments

• A162DB49-EC16-4067-9468-90467DE1726C.png
    A162DB49-EC16-4067-9468-90467DE1726C.png
    235.4 KB · Views: 25

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Level 2 isn’t available right now, you’ll get Level B

Welshlass86

Reaction score
Right it’s Level 2 minus BSM
Of course BSM is what I want!! Lol
I just added the advanced safety feature package and I’m just paying for it cash! Since our approval is already done and the interest rate has doubled today. Thank you for your help. RAMs site provides vague information.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just added the advanced safety feature package and I’m just paying for it cash! Since our approval is already done and the interest rate has doubled today. Thank you for your help. RAMs site provides vague information.

Your welcome , it’s all because of the chip shortage, the only way to get BSM right now is to get the Limited. Some have reported they couldn’t even order it on the Longhorn

Welshlass86

Reaction score
Really?? They’re accepting it through the website. I don’t want to delay getting the vehicle, I’m looking at 4-6 months at the moment due to being OCOUNS 😢😢😢

tlewis24

Reaction score
Yes, the other confusing part is that the different trims have different 1(A)/2(B) definitions. On the Laramie you definitely want 2(B) for the good stereo, nav, etc. The nav so far has been very impressive compared to previous cars I've had with built-in nav. It updates as RAM pushes out updates too vs. previous gen Nav's where you have to wait for or buy a software nav.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Opinions are like... you know, everyone has one. Here's my opinion...

I was in the same situation as you where blind spot and cross path were on the must-have list. I would have ordered a Laramie, but instead ordered a fairly-stripped Limited (see signature below). Blind spot is standard on Limited and still included.

You could try building a Big Horn if you want and adding Blind Spot. I think it is available as an option still on BH for $595, but not 100% certain.

If you stick with a Laramie you can't get blind spot. Also, if you stick with a Laramie, IMO the Level 2/B package is an awful value. The only differences between Level 1/A and 2/B are navigation (still 8.4" screen) and the HK system, but it is a $2200 price difference. The Alpine stereo standard in the Laramie is pretty good ($595 option on Big Horn), some think better than the HK system. You can get navigation for $795, or if you want the 12" screen including navigation for $2095.

A Limited gets you nicer (real) leather, more padded/comfortable seats, more upscale interior (just only use leather cleaner/conditioner on the dash, not armor-all type products), power running boards, spray-in bed liner, LED projector headlights, IMO a better looking grille, and the 12" with navigation standard.

Also, if you get eTorque in a crew cab you get a 23 gallon tank unless you upgrade to the 33 gallon for $445. I think you can get 26 gallon for free but you need to select the box when ordering, and is only available with the Level 2 Big Horn or Level B Laramie packages also selected.

A Big Horn how I would have wanted it was $57k+ MSRP. A Laramie how I wanted it (not including blind spot) would have been just over $60k MSRP. The Limited I have on order is MSRP $62,985. Big Horns don't have much for rebates right now compared to a normal market so only about a $7-8k difference between Big Horn and Limited.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Really?? They’re accepting it through the website. I don’t want to delay getting the vehicle, I’m looking at 4-6 months at the moment due to being OCOUNS 😢😢😢
The website does not always show current status.

the website shows you more of what you can do where a dealership shows you what's available.

I know you're OCONUS but you should go through a dealership to order what you want. They will be able to tell you exactly what options are available to order rather than submitting an order on-line then getting a notification that X, Y, and/or Z isn't available.

Welshlass86

Reaction score
Yes, the other confusing part is that the different trims have different 1(A)/2(B) definitions. On the Laramie you definitely want 2(B) for the good stereo, nav, etc. The nav so far has been very impressive compared to previous cars I've had with built-in nav. It updates as RAM pushes out updates too vs. previous gen Nav's where you have to wait for or buy a software nav.
So confusing! I just placed the order though! With level B. The dealer will contact RAM about the advanced safety group package. After some research it seems the school shortage is expected to level out by June

Users who are viewing this thread