5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help truck won’t start

Jessed927

Reaction score
Truck has been running perfectly 2020 ram laramie 50k miles. vehicle has never given me any issues, or any lights on the dash at the moment. I went to remote start it and nothing the lights outside only flash once not twice like normal. Push button start doesn’t work either. Lights are not dim and everything turns on perfectly
Thanks

Threesuns1

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What engine and does it have an eTorque? Given the age of the truck I would start with the battery. There are many posts here about batteries going bad.

Dad

Reaction score
Make sure the hood is closed, which might effect remote start, not sure if it effects the push start though.
Does it try to turn over? Might be the battery doesn't have enough to crank it?.

Jessed927

Reaction score
5.7 no e torque, that’s what I was thinking but the lingers are not dim and everything turns on perfectly, I even tried jump starting it with cables

Jessed927

Reaction score
Make sure the hood is closed, which might effect remote start, not sure if it effects the push start though.
Does it try to turn over? Might be the battery doesn't have enough to crank it?.
No it won’t turn over either

Dad

Reaction score
hmm..
i would start with the battery, make sure thats not the problem.
long shot but try disconnecting the battery for a bit to restart the electronics...
hopefully its not a bad starter/alternator or some other issue.

Dad

Reaction score
found this thread of few with similar problem most saying it was a bad battery & starter
idk if it helps.

O'Town Ram

I know less and less about more and more
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you have a meter, I would check voltage at the battery
Also, all the other obvious checks, all doors closed and hood shut

Jessed927

Reaction score
Dropped off the battery yesterday to get tested and was told the battery was bad so bought a new battery, truck still doing the same thing only difference is now the vehicle is when I go to remote start the lights do flash twice instead of once how it was doing before. Waiting for tow truck now to take to dealer

O'Town Ram

I know less and less about more and more
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Dropped off the battery yesterday to get tested and was told the battery was bad so bought a new battery, truck still doing the same thing only difference is now the vehicle is when I go to remote start the lights do flash twice instead of once how it was doing before. Waiting for tow truck now to take to dealer
Not the update I was hoping to hear. Ram had some starter issues so hopefully an easy fix.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Truck has been running perfectly 2020 ram laramie 50k miles. vehicle has never given me any issues, or any lights on the dash at the moment. I went to remote start it and nothing the lights outside only flash once not twice like normal. Push button start doesn’t work either. Lights are not dim and everything turns on perfectly
Thanks
Hi Jesse,

We see that you are planning to get the vehicle towed to the dealer for further diagnosis. If you'd like any additional support alongside the dealer during this time, we'd be happy to provide that. Please feel free to reach out to us via private message.

Lex
Ram Cares

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just picked up truck from dealer, said it was a shorted wire in the ECU ..$828.26 not covered under warranty

50k miles, so out of warranty?

Did you at least get the old ECU back? (<- I mean, a "shorted wire in the ECU" is something that I'd be VERY curious to see.)

Jessed927

Reaction score
Anddddd the truck is doing the same thing again.. atleast this time it’s in my driveway

• Angry
Reactions: c3k

Dad

Reaction score
Anddddd the truck is doing the same thing again.. atleast this time it’s in my driveway
That really sucks, can only imagine how that feels. i would be absolutely livid with the dealership.
Not very common to see a shorted ECU, but thats just my opinion.
Did they even check the starter?

Users who are viewing this thread