5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

**HELP** No trailer lights right side.

der9765

Reaction score
I hooked my trailer to my truck for the first time today. No brake or turn signal on the right side. I checked the fuse and it is good. Even flipped the fuse for left and right to be sure. Just a FYI, I did hook up to my neighbor’s trailer and had the same issue, no right side brake or turn. He then hooked my trailer to his truck and lights worked perfectly. So, definitely my truck. Any ideas on where I should begin would be appreciated.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Check the voltage on the 7 pin #6 (3 o'clock pin) and turn the right turn signal on or press the brakes, likely zero volts. Check the connection on the backside of the 7 pin, keep tracing the wiring forward, and check all connections.
7-Way-RV-Style-Trailer-Plug-Wiring-Diagram-1.png
If you are using the 4 pin spade, and have voltage at the 7 pin #6, check the opposite end of ground at 4 pin and work from there going forward.
1548516169788.png

Last edited:

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just had this issue on my 2015 2500. There is a good chance the pin on the back side of the bumper plug isn't contacting the actual wire harness.

I had to pry the wire end out to get contact.

Check there first. Then it is a lot of hidden connectors and a long wire.

Users who are viewing this thread