5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP need moderator ....SCAM

Fbird

Reaction score
BS scam by coffeyman76.....got info need help how to solve issue before being arrested!

[MOD: TO BE CLEAR, @coffeyman76 IS IN THE CLEAR HERE, THE SCAMMER WAS NOT COFFEYMAN76, IT WAS A SCAMMER PRETENDING TO BE COFFEYMAN76]

Last edited by a moderator:

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What are you looking for a moderator to do?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm assuming he's talking about @coffeyman76 - and probably about a sale with the Pedal Commander.

I certainly hope this isn't about some third party sending a private message asking for a separate transaction via an email address (that's not a forum member). It's one of the biggest scams that happen, and a lot of people fall for it.

Fbird

Reaction score
yeah I got screwed...BUT same **** is on several forums....5th gen can't do anyhing.....convers with me direct only please. ODD how someone could send me an an e-mail but NOT thru 5th gen forum INFO.......using MY user info?.......?????

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
my bad its coffeyman76
Report the PM that was sent with email address. But there is nothing the forum, moderators, or admin can do to help you get any money back. Always send payments through legit services with buyer protection, like Paypal goods/services.

Fbird

Reaction score
^^^^^ that is ithe problem they did NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME thru 5th gen, I recieved an email to my personal acct. How can someone find my PERSONAL email info related to this site?

Report it to WHO!!!!!! Still have not had any mods hit me up.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
^^^^^ that is ithe problem they did NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME thru 5th gen, I recieved an email to my personal acct. How can someone find my PERSONAL email info related to this site?

Report it to WHO!!!!!! Still have not had any mods hit me up.
I’m a mod, dude. I still don’t understand what you’re asking us to do.

Fbird

Reaction score
didn't see STAFF tag. What i'm asking is how can someone send me an e-mail with MY 5th gen info without PM'ing me THRU 5th gen? THAT is what i am wondering? How did someone (coffeyman76) get my private/personal email info. (BTW i'm not the only one HERE that has had this run in with coffeyman76 just they did not go down the rabbit hole like me.

Fbird

Reaction score
I'm assuming he's talking about @coffeyman76 - and probably about a sale with the Pedal Commander.

I certainly hope this isn't about some third party sending a private message asking for a separate transaction via an email address (that's not a forum member). It's one of the biggest scams that happen, and a lot of people fall for it.
that is exactly ^^^ what it is.....safe to assume coffeyman76 info has been compromised as I see the same name of several forums going back many of yrs until BAM December.....

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It’s not possible to view your email information, unless someone hacked your account. Even as a moderator, I can only see a person’s email address when they first register (and only if it’s a flagged account).
Now based on your last comment, are you saying that coffeyman76 asked you to conduct the transaction via email? Or was it a third party that messaged you?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
didn't see STAFF tag. What i'm asking is how can someone send me an e-mail with MY 5th gen info without PM'ing me THRU 5th gen? THAT is what i am wondering? How did someone (coffeyman76) get my private/personal email info. (BTW i'm not the only one HERE that has had this run in with coffeyman76 just they did not go down the rabbit hole like me.
Screenshot_20240120-080210.png

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For everyone’s information, I think we have solved it. It was not a scam by @coffeyman76 - rather, a 3rd party scammer (who was banned a few weeks ago). The scammer performed the classic forum scam - sent a private message saying to contact the seller at an email address. This private message triggered an email notification to Fbird, which is the source of confusion on personal email addresses.

Once you move off into separate emails, you really have no idea who you’re dealing with. Be wary with that - if it’s really on the up-and-up, then there would be no reason to move to emails outside of the forum.
And on top of that, watch for other classic signs of a scam. The seller pushing you to pay quickly. The seller asking for “friends and family” payments.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I should also add a couple more things.

ALWAYS report a member who slides in and asks you to contact “the seller” separately. We need to check it out and likely ban the scammer.

If you have any doubts about a transaction, reach out to a mod - we are here to help. We can do a little research and tell you if something looks wrong (based on the tools we have at our disposal).

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
If you have any though someone is scamming you post it in public, hell in the same sales thread. You will have a bunch of us swoop in to tell you how obvious it is, or that you are being crazy for sure, unless a mod comes in and tells us to stop talking on people sales threads lol.
Only problem I have is sales thread lately is people posting crap then never responding to messages, but that's just how people are.

You can get scammed from any website, the inter et can be a complicated place for some, some people try to scam others as their 40 hour a week job this isn't the 1900s anymore.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
yeah I got screwed...BUT same **** is on several forums....5th gen can't do anyhing.....convers with me direct only please. ODD how someone could send me an an e-mail but NOT thru 5th gen forum INFO.......using MY user info?.......?????

Sorry you got taken.

The rest below is not directed at you specifically but may benefit others viewing this.

Using a non protected payment source without a clear and concise indication you're dealing with someone legit is a bad idea. Pay the 3% PP fee and protect your funds.

For the record, mods here do not have access to e-mail addresses once a member is registered. Without divulging too much, we really only see those that get trapped by some registration spam filtering tools. As @Eighty indicated, the scammer took advantage of PM notifications to trick someone into replying off-site to an email address. Fwiw, a quick google search of that email very often leads one to see it's the same email reported as a scam on many other forums.

Anyone getting a suspect PM should immediately use the REPORT button to report the message then any mod online or checking in could see it and take action. If you get such a notification, you should be using the PM function on the forums directly with the seller to confirm the legitimacy (assuming member is legit) and not off-site email. If in doubt, report the thread or PM.

Posting "is this still available" or asking questions in the thread is what exposes your member ID to the scammers. Same with posting a WTB which is probably the bigger scam target. Send the seller a PM first.

If someone else reported the same member, it's possible the method used to ban a spam/scam removed the PM altogether before it could be handled. Nothing we can do about that.

There's so many ways to contact a mod or report a post or Conversation than just yelling for one in a new thread that may go unnoticed. We can only see any PM if it's been reported. I believe you can also "invite more" if you want to pull in a mod that's online to "participate."

You can always tag "@" one of the staff in any post. Don't use Admin or Jared B as it will likely go unnoticed.

1705779738850.png

1705780245274.png

1705780103412.png

Fbird

Reaction score
^^^ nice additions. So after fuming for a few days i figured i would type out a summary:

Correct Coffeyman76 was/is NOT the culprit here.

I recieved an email (actually 2 NOT FROM THE SELLER) after posting interest in a FOR SALE part. I sent info per the "you can reach him here: email."
([email protected]) AND [email protected])
chatted per email then sent venmo payment (bad choice) to

Dineyah Redo 7172 (facebook page was the pic sent)
then get bs email...shipping too high...blah blsh...so I'm out $150

because this is the FIRST time i've been jacked I figured I would post the how/why to others do no go down the ribbit hole.

NOW that I am a 1 armed bandit (shoulder surgery) AND i am bored AND i do have some skills.... I have located all 3-4 communications associated with this ruse and NOW have something to do :)
Hope he really likes his Black Denali and she enjoys her red 2018 Charger.... as the $150 is not very important but morals and trust ARE. It ALL comes around ;)

Thanks MODS for the communications as to exactly how things went....i get it....i dove off blindfolded with trust.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
^^^ nice additions. So after fuming for a few days i figured i would type out a summary:

Correct Coffeyman76 was/is NOT the culprit here.

I recieved an email (actually 2 NOT FROM THE SELLER) after posting interest in a FOR SALE part. I sent info per the "you can reach him here: email."
([email protected]) AND [email protected])
chatted per email then sent venmo payment (bad choice) to

Dineyah Redo 7172 (facebook page was the pic sent)
then get bs email...shipping too high...blah blsh...so I'm out $150

because this is the FIRST time i've been jacked I figured I would post the how/why to others do no go down the ribbit hole.

NOW that I am a 1 armed bandit (shoulder surgery) AND i am bored AND i do have some skills.... I have located all 3-4 communications associated with this ruse and NOW have something to do :)
Hope he really likes his Black Denali and she enjoys her red 2018 Charger.... as the $150 is not very important but morals and trust ARE. It ALL comes around ;)

Thanks MODS for the communications as to exactly how things went....i get it....i dove off blindfolded with trust.
Just keep in mind it's extremely common to use other peoples pictures for scammers.
The pictures you found may or may not even be the person you gave your money too, just someone else who's info the stole.

Fbird

Reaction score
Just keep in mind it's extremely common to use other peoples pictures for scammers.
The pictures you found may or may not even be the person you gave your money too, just someone else who's info the stole.
yup.....hence the account and 4 digit....gotts love the 4 digit as that and the time stamp norrowed down the guy with the 2022 denali in CHAROLOTTE from location ABC123 as well as his other internet pings. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread