5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help me identify 2 door car that attempted to steal catalytic converter

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They could always tell the police what kind of car it is, which would greatly increase the likelihood of finding it. The police can't very well be on the lookout of a piece of *** car with tinted windows. That doesn't narrow the field much at all. Narrow that down to a year range make and model and now you've got a pretty narrow pool to look at/for.
And there's no doubt that the OP is willing to try a little harder to find this random car than the police are. I'm not anti-police but lets face it, they're busy and they're not going to spend hours (or even like 1 hour) trying to figure out what kind of car it is when it only attempted to steal something.
Finding out what kind of car it is doesn't mean the OP has to take some vigilante action and seek the turd out themselves. They can use that information to assist the police in doing their job. They can also use that information to contact police if they see the vehicle trolling through the area again. Knowing what it is could be rather beneficial.

Nah, I'd loose a Chihuahua instead. It could fit under the car a lot better and gnaw on them the whole time they're trying to scramble back out. 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
Bro are you kidding. Give the police the picture of the vehicle. What are we trying to become detectives

Kicker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you really think the cops give a crap about an "almost" theft? Hell they would care less if they cut it off and made off with it.
They will sit at the end of the street and write tickets to increase revenue however.

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bro are you kidding. Give the police the picture of the vehicle. What are we trying to become detectives
You do you, if you don't want to help, don't. What does it hurt trying to help the OP out? I can assure you the OP and his neighbors will have much more time and motivation to try to figure out what kind of car it is than the police who are looking for an almost theft, while still handling every other call that comes in. Those calls don't stop coming, they get new ones every day. They're busy enough that there's no way they could reasonably browse the computer for possible vehicle descriptions.
Besides, many hands make light work. If you ask a forum full of automotive enthusiasts what the car looks like, it's only a matter of time before someone can identify it. On the other hand, a single person may have to spend hours searching.

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Brother. All I’m saying is show your neighbors the pictures. Not that hard to recognize the car from photo if seen in the neighborhood. Doesn’t matter. Picture is better than saying it was a 2009 Toyota Tercel. Who the hell knows what that is. The picture is way better than year make and model. Stop with the nitty gritty. The picture is great. Don’t misinterpret what I’m saying with the ignorance of you do you. Lol.

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
Personally, I enjoyed the challenge and it got me to reach out and have a great conversation with a couple buds in Florida that know cars way better than me.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought maybe it looks like an early '80s Mercury Lynx.

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Brother. All I’m saying is show your neighbors the pictures. Not that hard to recognize the car from photo if seen in the neighborhood. Doesn’t matter. Picture is better than saying it was a 2009 Toyota Tercel. Who the hell knows what that is. The picture is way better than year make and model. Stop with the nitty gritty. The picture is great. Don’t misinterpret what I’m saying with the ignorance of you do you. Lol.
I absolutely agree that telling the neighbors year/make/model is less effective than the photo. They can watch for the s****bag car to roll through the neighborhood, and recognize from a picture. No issues there at all, and I agree it's the better choice for that aspect.

As far as the police though. They'll be better off the other way around. Sure you can show 1 cop a photo and they can do the same thing as the neighbors. But that only works for that one cop who took the report though. Telling them to look for the year/make/model allows all the officers to know what they're looking for. Ideally give the police both the photo and the description.

There's no harm in trying to figure out what kind of car it is. Even if they don't give it to the police. As OCD Solutions said, it's a fun challenge and maybe you talk to some friends you haven't in a while. Or you have a conversation on a forum about car stuff. We're not being detectives, we're having fun while potentially helping someone out.
There's no harm in it so I didn't see the point in your post (#9 of this thread) saying "It’s stupid for you to try to figure it out."

Users who are viewing this thread