5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help me identify 2 door car that attempted to steal catalytic converter

MrAndrewArnold

Reaction score
I could use some help trying to identify this car. They attempted to steal the catalytic converter off my Jeep.
At first, I thought Mazda Miata but they don't have that rear window.
2 door coupe, side reflectors/lights

1654540778446.png
1654540819726.png

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1654550219490.png
I'm not positive that's it.
The windows look right but the lights don't seem to match up. The head lamp on the suspect vehicle are visible even as it's angled slightly away. On the proposed car they're hardly visible directly from the side so I'm not convinced.

The other issue I see is on the back. It looks like there's an amber bulb beside the side marker on the suspect vehicle. The proposed car doesn't have that amber lamp there. The amber bulb on the proposed vehicle is above the red tail lamp and doesn't seem to wrap around the quarterpanel as much either. Maybe it's just not displaying well from the camera footage but that doesn't seem quite right either. Close. Maybe a different year or something?

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bro it’s a little piece of **** car. Tinted windows. I’m sure your local police can find it. It’s stupid for you to try to figure it out. Even if you did what would you do. You got pics. You don’t need the year make and model

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
An early model Tesla trying to get money to pay his electric bill.

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah same thing he can do with the pictures he has

Dewey

Reaction score
No idea what that crap box is they were driving but just wanted to say I’m furious and it’s not even my vehicle. Fricking losers coming on private property messing with guys hard earned stuff. 😡🤬

Woulda been a great time to unleash a really mean pit bull the moment the idiot got under the vehicle.

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bro it’s a little piece of **** car. Tinted windows. I’m sure your local police can find it. It’s stupid for you to try to figure it out. Even if you did what would you do. You got pics. You don’t need the year make and model
They could always tell the police what kind of car it is, which would greatly increase the likelihood of finding it. The police can't very well be on the lookout of a piece of *** car with tinted windows. That doesn't narrow the field much at all. Narrow that down to a year range make and model and now you've got a pretty narrow pool to look at/for.
And there's no doubt that the OP is willing to try a little harder to find this random car than the police are. I'm not anti-police but lets face it, they're busy and they're not going to spend hours (or even like 1 hour) trying to figure out what kind of car it is when it only attempted to steal something.
Finding out what kind of car it is doesn't mean the OP has to take some vigilante action and seek the turd out themselves. They can use that information to assist the police in doing their job. They can also use that information to contact police if they see the vehicle trolling through the area again. Knowing what it is could be rather beneficial.

Woulda been a great time to unleash a really mean pit bull the moment the idiot got under the vehicle.
Nah, I'd loose a Chihuahua instead. It could fit under the car a lot better and gnaw on them the whole time they're trying to scramble back out. 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Scram1500

Reaction score
Most likely a stolen car. Looks like a late 90's Accent

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
Almost looks like a 2002 Daewoo Lanos but it's missing the reflector behind the rear tire. 46145984942_ef9af42cce_4k.jpg

2002-Daewoo-Lanos-RearSide_DALANCPE023_505x375.jpg

2002-Daewoo-Lanos-FrontSide_DALANCPE021_505x375.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread