5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help me decide

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here's the poke that I have with 22x10 -18mm offset. Tires 305/45/22(33's)

That's what I'll be running 10 -18, just trying to decide on 20 or stay with 22, which is what I want to do.

Syrio

Reaction score
Here's the poke that I have with 22x10 -18mm offset. Tires 305/45/22(33's)

View attachment 175850

View attachment 175852

View attachment 175851
It's a very nice truck! Is that a stock ride? The tire shop I went to yesterday was concerned even to put on a 0mm offset. I left it with him to reach out to the wheel manufacturer. I think I would be happy with a -10mm offset which the wheel I am looking at offers. He was also worried about the size of the tire. Do you have any rubbing or modifications? A 33" tall tire with -18mm offsets fit okay?

ws6guy

Reaction score
It's a very nice truck! Is that a stock ride? The tire shop I went to yesterday was concerned even to put on a 0mm offset. I left it with him to reach out to the wheel manufacturer. I think I would be happy with a -10mm offset which the wheel I am looking at offers. He was also worried about the size of the tire. Do you have any rubbing or modifications? A 33" tall tire with -18mm offsets fit okay?
Yes it's stock height no level and it's a tight fit. The tires barely rubbed the front side of the wheel liner which was no big deal. Just heated up the liner and pushed it in a tiny amount at the spot of the rub. On the back side it's very close to rubbing. If you have mud flaps they'd likely rub. I'm looking at putting on Rokblokz mud flaps in hopes it will keep the side of the truck cleaner since the wheels poke a good amount. Even with the thin Rokblokz I'm guessing they will have to be trimmed to clear.

Also note A/T or mud tires might fit differently than my highway tires. My tires spec at 32.8x12 and a lot of the AT tires I was looking (33x12.5) spec at 32.5" tall. To free up more space you could also run 32" tire. I almost went with 305/40/22 but I wanted the extra sidewall.

Last edited:

ws6guy

Reaction score
That's what I'll be running 10 -18, just trying to decide on 20 or stay with 22, which is what I want to do.
Both look good on these trucks. I almost bought 20's but I think with my wheels the 22's look a little better. I was concerned going from factory 20's to 22's the ride quality would suffer but surprisingly enough I didn't notice a difference. Mostly because I stayed with standard P metric load tire vs going with an stiffer/heavier LT tire.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Both look good on these trucks. I almost bought 20's but I think with my wheels the 22's look a little better. I was concerned going from factory 20's to 22's the ride quality would suffer but surprisingly enough I didn't notice a difference. Mostly because I stayed with standard P metric load tire vs going with an stiffer/heavier LT tire.
I have the OEM 22's and they're not that bad. If anything the suspension sucks because it wallows around like a damn boat. Will be replacing this Spring for sure with a 3-3.5" lift and 34/35's

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
At that Belltech price($225) for the rear, it’s hard not to go that route. My Hellwig rear was ~$250 a few months ago. Belltech is 1” OD vs My Hellwig 7/8”.
I've seen the Hellwig as low as $200, but not sure the front is worth it, or bypass and save the coin and just do the rear?

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've seen the Hellwig as low as $200, but not sure the front is worth it, or bypass and save the coin and just do the rear?
I just did the rear and I was impressed immediately. For the first few years of the 5th gen, Hellwig said the front stocker sway bar was plenty adequate. Once you lift your rig, the coilovers will firm up the front. That’s my experience and I love it. In a few weeks I’ll be upgrading to Suspension Maxx front lifted/leveled end links which will tighten up the front a bit more.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, I ran the Hellwig on my 4th Gen w/ 6" & 37's and was great. I will also be doing the Suspension Maxx, Plus Core4X4 Rear arms, Panhard and links. I just need to order the links once I know the size after lifting.

Users who are viewing this thread