5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help me choose a Tonneau Cover

rockerdan

Reaction score
I love the weather tech tri fold cover. Called it in and was able to go pick it up since it was only a 25 min drive to the weather tech hq. Any issues I can just take it back to hq. The quality and being close to the hq and warranty issue was a no brainer for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks identical to Lomax.

Sparking1

Reaction score
Trying to decide on a Tonneau Cover for my new truck and there are certainly a lot of good options at all kinds of price points available.

Bakflip MX4 and the Tuxedo Lo Pro are on the top of my list. The MX4 is pretty expensive - especially since I still need running boards. (AMP Powersteps?)

Is there anything else you guys would suggest?

I also have the Lomas Tri-fold and love it.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the Lomax also and love it. However, I will say that taking it off for full bed access is only easy if you have another hand to help you. I am not in bad shape physically or anything and it was a pain in the *** to take off by myself. I got it accomplished and maybe it will get easier the more times I do it but It is just a little big and heavy to man handle by myself. Two people, no problem, super easy.
Thinking you're doing something wrong when you take it off. I lock the bungee tabs after folding it, grab the release bungee and lift the front edge. With it completely folded, I can hold it in one hand by the rails. Cannot see any reason for a two person lift. I took mine off completely today to pressure wash my bed. I will say that having the bed step makes the whole process way easier than it would be without one.

Glenn54

Reaction score
I agree. If you're a military veteran, you can get $200 off 10%.

Diamond back its pricey but u will be happy I'm on my second 1
50ce08f3e2a6be86d41223d9e651b333.jpg

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

Reactions: CED

Damon

Reaction score
installed the mx4 today can’t be more happy , install was very easy and it will stay for years it can handle the hot and cold weather its expensive but worth it
How has it been for keeping the elements out? (Rain) Thinking of getting one.

q8ram

Reaction score
How has it been for keeping the elements out? (Rain) Thinking of getting one.
well it didn’t rain but when i washed it and sprayed it with water no water come inside the bed maybe a drop or 2 there is no sound also when i go offroad or at high speed high way driving + my mx4 is from the gen4 ram it fitted nicely and perfect all around

Bradleys

Reaction score
Ordered the Lowmax and installed in in just a few minutes.

Really an awesome design and looks great.

D350D712-CCE7-4817-B862-1C6EBA24AD81.jpeg

Carnut12

Reaction score
I ordered the Lomax and Bedrug XLT looking forward to getting them!!!

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered the Lomax and Bedrug XLT looking forward to getting them!!!
I also just ordered the XLT, was torn between it and the Impact rug. Also pulled the trigger on the DiamondBack SE cover and low profile headache rack, can’t wait to get them!

Carnut12

Reaction score
Thinking I need a bed rug as well- the lomax was really easy to install. You will love it

I installed my Lomax today, it was very easy to install. Love it so far!!! I use my bed for Golf Clubs, kids Hockey Bags, and possibly luggage on an occasional trip. I almost went Retrax but didn’t like that many say the roll ups can bind in the winter. Almost went Diamondback, but I just thought it was too much for what I use the bed for.

Now I will wait for my bed rug.

Glenn54

Reaction score
I think you'll like the Diamondback. It takes awhile to get it but it's worth the wait.

IMG_2442.JPG IMG_2442.JPG
I also just ordered the XLT, was torn between it and the Impact rug. Also pulled the trigger on the DiamondBack SE cover and low profile headache rack, can’t wait to get them!

Glenn54

Reaction score
Thanks. Have a dolly ready to get the heavy box from the delivery truck to your garage or whereever. The directions say to put the 4 clamps on the center section, loosely. I wouldn't bother putting the clamps on till you have all parts on and lined up front to back and side to side. Someone else suggested to use weights rather than have someone sit on the sections while adjusting the latches, so that's what I did. Can't think of anything else. Good luck,

Yours looks great, any tips for the install or is pretty straight forward as the video shows?

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Quick question, i would like to order the Lomax tonneau tri fold from Truck Alterations but i don't know which one correct to order, mine is just 5.7feet bed without anything on it, thanks.

Last edited:

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
Quick question, i would like to order the Lomax tonneau tri fold from Truck Alterations but i don't know which one correct to order, mine is just 5.7feet bed without anything on it, thanks.
Just talk to Luke and let him know what truck you have. He will get you the right one.

WanderingRam

Reaction score
I have the MX4, it's nice but we had about quarter size hail a few weeks ago, my truck is fine but there are dings all over the tonneau cover and it's probably not repairable.

Geobound

Reaction score
I had the Bakflip F1 on my 2013 Ram with Ramboxes, and won't look at anybody else for a cover.

It is rock solid (or was as I don't own the truck anymore), and can fold up out of the way giving me full access to the bed.

My 2019 Limited came with the stupid black rail system, so now I have to pay to get the chrome ones! Grrrrr...........

I know people say it's easy to just lift the trim-fold covers off if you need access to the full bed, but what do you do when you are out somewhere and make an "on the spot" purchase.......where do you put your tonneau cover then?

I'd love to save some money and go with a different system, but considering mine did everything it was supposed to do......well it doesn't make sense to look anywhere else.

Users who are viewing this thread