5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help me choose a Tonneau Cover

Bradleys

Reaction score
Trying to decide on a Tonneau Cover for my new truck and there are certainly a lot of good options at all kinds of price points available.

Bakflip MX4 and the Tuxedo Lo Pro are on the top of my list. The MX4 is pretty expensive - especially since I still need running boards. (AMP Powersteps?)

Is there anything else you guys would suggest?

Last edited:

rgberg

Reaction score
Lomax Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover. 1 hour self install, sleek and easily removed if you need the whole bed for hauling. $675 through Truck Alterations.

Attachments

• IMG_9161.JPG
    IMG_9161.JPG
    142.1 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:

Gen3CoupeTX

Reaction score
Put me down for Lomax tri-fold as well. Super easy install, looks great, works as advertised. Super value at $675 shipped to your door.

bfulford7

Reaction score
Put me down for Lomax tri-fold as well. Super easy install, looks great, works as advertised. Super value at $675 shipped to your door.
Ditto. Got mine today and installed in 45 minutes... now it was almost dark so I havent tested the weather proofing just yet

cotonymopar

Reaction score
I am on my 4th truck with the access rollup limited cover, came with lights, the reach bar, and the reach bar hooks, and the sealer for the tailgate.. I love it, they lasted through the Colorado cold and the Arizona heat... great customer service also

Bradleys

Reaction score
Where are you finding this $675 - truck alterations has it for $883

brody.cepeaux

Reaction score
Trying to decide on a Tonneau Cover for my new truck and there are certainly a lot of good options at all kinds of price points available.

Bakflip MX4 and the Tuxedo Lo Pro are on the top of my list. The MX4 is pretty expensive - especially since I still need running boards. (AMP Powersteps?)

Is there anything else you guys would suggest?
I have the mx4. Took about 30 mins to install however i have installed several of them. There is a nice one that is sold as MOPAR but is made by bakflip. Check it out at the local dealseship. Good quality and mopar warranty

j517

Reaction score
Diamond back its pricey but u will be happy I'm on my second 1
50ce08f3e2a6be86d41223d9e651b333.jpg

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

reggiejp3

Reaction score
I researched this to the end of the internet and was one of the hardest decisions I have made for an accessory. I used to always get the roll n lock for my trucks. I love them. However, I didn't want to spend that much this time and decided to do a flip type this time. I wanted the Lomax as I think it's beautiful, however it doesn't give you full bed access. I know easy to remove if you want. Anyway I picked the Extang XCeed based on the mostly seamless look and it folds up to the cab. So far I am very happy with it. Looks great and is mostly waterproof. I'm sure if I spent some time monkeying around with it, I could get the last bit of drips taken care of with some weather seal. It barely drips in one corner in heavy rain. Not enough to even mess with. Install was quick too. About 25 minutes. I'll post a pic shortly. If you play your cards right, you can get it for just under $800 at auto anything.

TurdFerguson

Reaction score
Pretty pleased with my mx4. However the aluminum is soft. I placed a 10lb bag of ice on mine. Not dropped or tossed or slammed. Just set it down. It put a couple small dents in it. I am actually considering getting it sprayed with bedliner material. Overall it keeps most of the water out and it looks great. Install was simple also.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lomax for me. Called Luke directly and received the $675 shipped to my door price. Very easy install. The few times I've needed full bed access, it was a 2 second removal and the cover fits vertically right along the bed side to accommodate the load to be hauled. Do not let full bed access be a concern. It's not a problem with this tonneau. Got mine December last year and highly recommend it.

Carnut12

Reaction score
I’m in the same boat and leaning towards the Undercover Ultra Flex or Armor Flex. I started out wanting a rolling cover, keep changing my mind. I had a backflip on my last Ram and it was fine, I’m glad the new ones make it so you can close the tailgate without lifting the cover.

Too many choices..... Lol

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
Lomax for me. Called Luke directly and received the $675 shipped to my door price. Very easy install. The few times I've needed full bed access, it was a 2 second removal and the cover fits vertically right along the bed side to accommodate the load to be hauled. Do not let full bed access be a concern. It's not a problem with this tonneau. Got mine December last year and highly recommend it.
I have the Lomax also and love it. However, I will say that taking it off for full bed access is only easy if you have another hand to help you. I am not in bad shape physically or anything and it was a pain in the *** to take off by myself. I got it accomplished and maybe it will get easier the more times I do it but It is just a little big and heavy to man handle by myself. Two people, no problem, super easy.

howie12

Reaction score
I very much like the access rollup. Got my first one for my then new 2000 Dodge. It was outside its whole life in Northern Wisconsin and it was still nice when I got rid of the truck in June 2014 for my new ecodiesel Longhorn. Got an Access rollup for it too. VEry durable, fit well. QUick access when you want the whole bed. Maintenance is only an annual wipedown with 303 for me.

Durable, relatively good price, functional and looks fine.

snj1013

Reaction score
I’m in the same boat and leaning towards the Undercover Ultra Flex or Armor Flex. I started out wanting a rolling cover, keep changing my mind. I had a backflip on my last Ram and it was fine, I’m glad the new ones make it so you can close the tailgate without lifting the cover.

Too many choices..... Lol
I just ordered the Undercover Ultra Flex. I wanted full bed access without removing the cover and didn't like the Bakflip resting against the cab.

q8ram

Reaction score
installed the mx4 today can’t be more happy , install was very easy and it will stay for years it can handle the hot and cold weather its expensive but worth it

19_Limited

Reaction score
I love the weather tech tri fold cover. Called it in and was able to go pick it up since it was only a 25 min drive to the weather tech hq. Any issues I can just take it back to hq. The quality and being close to the hq and warranty issue was a no brainer for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread