5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help deciding on a exhaust!

Tesla

Reaction score
I've watched a few videos on different exhausts but can't decide on one. I was looking at the BORLA ATAK, but wanted to see if anyone had recommendations for a better one?
Want one that is decently loud, but also won't be annoying for long drives.

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Take a look at the YTTV vids and website for B2 Fabrication …. I had the Magnaflow cat back on my 2012, and loved the sound, with no drone …. Fast forward 10 years, and I am older, but still want my Hemi to sound like a Hemi with “must have” 5” tips …. The B2 round might suit you, if not, delete the resonators …. They have it all, for way less than a cat-back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cajun_

Reaction score
if you have the factory middle resonator look into the awe and the carven.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Borla ATAK is definitely not annoying in long drives. It's tame when cruising. You have to be really listening to tell any difference when MDS kicks in

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
has anyone had any alignment issues with the Borla exhausts? I hate the fact that the tips are not adjustable like OEM.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
has anyone had any alignment issues with the Borla exhausts? I hate the fact that the tips are not adjustable like OEM.
Seems the Touring and S have most of the alignment issues. ATAK not as much. Mine is off just a little side to side, but not that noticeable

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a welded-in Flowmaster Outlaw, essentially sounds like the poor's mans (or smart mans) Borla ATAK. Very aggressive, especially at cold-start, makes my truck sound like a 60s muscle car, awesome!

That being said, even this rather rudimentary straight through muffler is quiet and non-droning when cruising at a constant speed, such as highway driving. Just did 4 hours recently, and zero issue with drone.

The ATAK is even more refined and better tuned, especially when MDS is in operation. I think you should be fine with the ATAK, best of both Worlds.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’m a big fan of carven. The materials, welding, fitment, and sound of them can’t be beaten for the price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I installed an AWE 0FG over the weekend and it sounds great. No drone while cruising, can have a conversation at normal talking levels. Once you hit the pedal a little harder, it wakes right up. Great system, great fitment, and plenty of adjustment on the tips.

Nova90

Reaction score
I installed an AWE 0FG over the weekend and it sounds great. No drone while cruising, can have a conversation at normal talking levels. Once you hit the pedal a little harder, it wakes right up. Great system, great fitment, and plenty of adjustment on the tips.
I am going this route as well. Luckily, the AWE factory is 20 minutes from me. One of their folks has the exhaust installed on his Ram and was gracious enough to allow me to hear it in person and even took me for a quick spin to be able to hear the interior noise. I drove myself crazy listening to videos on the internet...mainly the Borla S and ATAK. I had become concerned after seeing a few posts about fitment issues. After seeing and hearing the AWE 0FG in person, it made my decision so much easier. I know exactly how it is going to sound in my truck.

Triton63

Reaction score
I had mbrp cat backs on both of my Hemi’s. Loved them, loud when I stomped on it, very tame on the highway. I did leave the front resonator on the truck with 3.92 gears because I was driving a 20,000 miles/yr on the highway and didn’t want to hear it at all cruising.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am going this route as well. Luckily, the AWE factory is 20 minutes from me. One of their folks has the exhaust installed on his Ram and was gracious enough to allow me to hear it in person and even took me for a quick spin to be able to hear the interior noise. I drove myself crazy listening to videos on the internet...mainly the Borla S and ATAK. I had become concerned after seeing a few posts about fitment issues. After seeing and hearing the AWE 0FG in person, it made my decision so much easier. I know exactly how it is going to sound in my truck.
I was in-between the S-type and AWE as well, going back and forth between videos, then listen to a Corsa here and there. After hearing about some of the issues with Borla, went with the AWE. Glad I did.

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was in-between the S-type and AWE as well, going back and forth between videos, then listen to a Corsa here and there. After hearing about some of the issues with Borla, went with the AWE. Glad I did.
issues? care to elaborate so i don't have to dig around the forum?

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
I plan on upgrading my exhaust when the salt finally leaves the roads in March. I've listened to a thousand exhaust videos. I'm typically a Corsa man but wanted to maybe change it up this time. Borla is out because of the fitment issues and rolled tips. I looked into B2 Fab and I love the sound but after the muffler, resonator delete, tips, and installation, you're looking at $1000-1100 or so. You can get a full catback for that money for a couple hundred more. So I finally landed with the AWE exhaust which sounds epic in videos and the tips look killer. My S&B intake woke up the Hemi a lot but I can't wait to truly hear it.

Nova90

Reaction score
issues? care to elaborate so i don't have to dig around the forum?
There are other exhaust threads on here where people have hangars and brackets that don't line up correctly when trying to bolt on the cat-back system. Seems to be some quality control issues. Others have had no issues. In each case, I believe Borla has tried to rectify by sending a new system or components to correct the problem. The Borla tips are also not adjustable like the OEM factory ones or other aftermarket systems. Some folks have had to do some work there to get them lined up properly. Overall, the issues seem small and hopefully not that prevalent....but, they are out there.

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I plan on upgrading my exhaust when the salt finally leaves the roads in March. I've listened to a thousand exhaust videos. I'm typically a Corsa man but wanted to maybe change it up this time. Borla is out because of the fitment issues and rolled tips. I looked into B2 Fab and I love the sound but after the muffler, resonator delete, tips, and installation, you're looking at $1000-1100 or so. You can get a full catback for that money for a couple hundred more. So I finally landed with the AWE exhaust which sounds epic in videos and the tips look killer. My S&B intake woke up the Hemi a lot but I can't wait to truly hear it.
see i like the look of the rolled tips vs the AWE style. i don't know, online the Borla sounds the absolute best, but i'm not sure what that's worth in real life lol

Cajun_

Reaction score
welp i just ordered the ATAK, i called americantrucks and they gave me 5% off for ordering over the phone... better than nothing i guess. if the alignment is terrible, im a TIG welder so i'll fab up new hanger brackets or something.
the atak is the one from borla that seems to not have any issues from all the posts, so you should be good

gmcadams

Reaction score
I have installed the Carven 5" exhaust tips and Magniflow direct fit muffler, the sound is low rumble with no drone. I pull a bass boat a lot of miles so drone was concern. sounds great and not extremely loud.

wsutard1

Reaction score
I’m about to install the Carven muffler delete option. I also have access to a stock ram (my dad). I can put together a side by side comparison if you can wait.

Users who are viewing this thread