5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP!! 2019 ram front left brake rattle

Stanced5seven

Reaction score
Just asking for some help, I’ve got a 2019 ram in Canada I’ve got just 4000km on it & seems front driver side calliper it rattling. All calliper bolts are tight. Thanks in advance

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Are you sure it’s coming from the caliper? How do you know? Have you pulled the wheel and checked the lines/clips/bolts? Maybe it’s the wheel insert (Ram) that’s rattling? Just seems odd to be coming from calipers

Stanced5seven

Reaction score
Are you sure it’s coming from the caliper? How do you know? Have you pulled the wheel and checked the lines/clips/bolts? Maybe it’s the wheel insert (Ram) that’s rattling? Just seems odd to be coming from calipers
100% it’s calliper or pads rattling, I put some grease on clips that hold pads & a tinny dab of silicone on back of pads & noise went away for a couple days. But of course grease wore away & silicone wasn’t heat stuff so broke free plus another reason for knowing it’s brakes if I lightly put foot on brake as I’m driving it will not rattle
As well

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
100% it’s calliper or pads rattling, I put some grease on clips that hold pads & a tinny dab of silicone on back of pads & noise went away for a couple days. But of course grease wore away & silicone wasn’t heat stuff so broke free plus another reason for knowing it’s brakes if I lightly put foot on brake as I’m driving it will not rattle
As well

Odd. I haven’t heard this one before. I guess you should have the dealer look at it rather than rack your brain trying to chase it down. Sounds like you did more than basic troubleshooting. They might need to take it apart or replace the caliper. Might be that some small part failed that you can’t even see or know should be there. Keep us posted on the outcome

ramhead

Reaction score
Odd. I haven’t heard this one before. I guess you should have the dealer look at it rather than rack your brain trying to chase it down. Sounds like you did more than basic troubleshooting. They might need to take it apart or replace the caliper. Might be that some small part failed that you can’t even see or know should be there. Keep us posted on the outcome

Exactly....no offense to the OP but it really boggles the mind that someone would tinker with a problem on a new, under warranty vehicle (unless needed in a true emergency) and attempt to fix an issue when they can/should have dealer handle it.

Users who are viewing this thread