5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hellwig Sway Bar on a Rebel

Otisporkchop

Reaction score
I got mine a week ago on Amazon list was $271.00 with free shipping, I signed up for the Amazon credit card and got instant $150.00 off total came to $121.00 made a huge difference in the handling of my 6” lifted Laramie.

HydroRebel

Reaction score
A little silicone grease will take care of that
Yes I would've put some synthetic grease on it this winter. However, I ordered the Hellwig sway bar yesterday so I will most likely use my own synthetic grease on the bushings instead of the stuff they provide. Looking forward to installing the sway bar.

traveller09

Reaction score
Side Note: I reached out to Hellwig to confirm the correct part number for my truck and asked about the Amazon offering. They said they dont sell through Amazon and their authorized dealers are not allowed to either. They said they are aware of third parties selling through Amazon but recomended buying through one of the authorized dealers. Just an FYI, I am sure there is nothing wrong with the Amazon parts.

HydroRebel

Reaction score
Side Note: I reached out to Hellwig to confirm the correct part number for my truck and asked about the Amazon offering. They said they dont sell through Amazon and their authorized dealers are not allowed to either. They said they are aware of third parties selling through Amazon but recomended buying through one of the authorized dealers. Just an FYI, I am sure there is nothing wrong with the Amazon parts.
Well that's interesting info kinda makes me glad that I didn't order it from Amazon, though I'm with ya I'm sure there's nothing wrong with it. According to my tracking info mine is set to arrive on Friday and I'm really looking forward to it!

HydroRebel

Reaction score
Well that's interesting info kinda makes me glad that I didn't order it from Amazon, though I'm with ya I'm sure there's nothing wrong with it. According to my tracking info mine is set to arrive on Friday and I'm really looking forward to it!
Well my Hellwig sway bar arrived yesterday (a day earlier than expected) and I installed it first thing this morning. Install was super easy. I think the longest part of the install was getting it out of the box (not kidding). My truck is only a couple weeks shy of being 1 year old so removing the stock sway bar was very easy and so was installing the Hellwig bar. I picked the middle setting like most others and I used Hellwigs bushings with the stock end links and stock bolts. I also used Loctite synthetic grease on the bushings instead of the stuff that was provided.

The wife is working today so I'm looking after the kids and therefore couldn't put it through all the tests that I would've liked but I will say so far I like it better than stock with city driving. I never had any issues with how the truck drove before but the rear end doesn't have the sway that it did before going around corners and it definitely feels better going over bumps and speedbumps around the city. I'll be looking forward to trying it out on the trails when I can. It's also nice that you have the option to change the stiffness. I would have to say that Hellwigs sway bar is worth the money and I'm happy I bought one👍.

NHjake98

Reaction score
I've had mine on for almost two years now and I love it. My only suggestion is if you live in an area that uses salt on the roads is put a good coat of paint on it first. Mine is starting to show some rust already

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Are there any drawbacks when off-roading with a Hellwig? For example, reduced articulation in the rear?

For the type of driving I do, this is more a matter of curiosity than something I’d likely need to be concerned about, but I would like to know.

traveller09

Reaction score
Are there any drawbacks when off-roading with a Hellwig? For example, reduced articulation in the rear?

For the type of driving I do, this is more a matter of curiosity than something I’d likely need to be concerned about, but I would like to know.
I would like to know this as well. When I was on the Tundra forum a lot, this seemed to be an issue. Of course different rear end.

HydroRebel

Reaction score

I can't say for sure cause I haven't hit the rough terrain since I put it on but I'm honestly not worried about it. If I think it's an issue down the road I will just use the outermost mounting holes which according to Hellwig is like stock. Being able to easily change the stiffness is a huge bonus with the Hellwig sway bar! You could always contact them and see what they have to say.

paulmarsh22

Reaction score
Basic question. How do I know if I have the factory end links?
If you have a sway bar, you have end links. Basically a skinny straight bar that connects the frame to the sway bar. They'll be just to the inside of the wheel right behind the air bags/spring depending on your suspension setup.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you have a sway bar, you have end links. Basically a skinny straight bar that connects the frame to the sway bar. They'll be just to the inside of the wheel right behind the air bags/spring depending on your suspension setup.
OK, thanks. I think I saw that part in a video of someone installing the Hellwig, though they didn't identify it..

CanRebel

Reaction score
I just got my Rebel yesterday. took 8 months to build it :) Dumb question. Been reading on this forum and few others that Hellwig is better than stock.
Does it matter is you have air suspension or not? I was looking at this part number on their website 7709. But it says Stock Ride Height.
They also have this part number 7883. It just says with 2"-4" lift.
I don't see any of them say with Air.

paulmarsh22

Reaction score
I just got my Rebel yesterday. took 8 months to build it :) Dumb question. Been reading on this forum and few others that Hellwig is better than stock.
Does it matter is you have air suspension or not? I was looking at this part number on their website 7709. But it says Stock Ride Height.
It doesn't matter. I have the air ride with a 5 inch lift. I still bought the 7709 because my lift kit came with longer end links anyway. The 7883 kit is just if you want nice adjustable endlinks.

SunnyS

Reaction score

SunnyS

Reaction score
8 months seems like a long time . That is as bad as some TRX orders even worse.

CanRebel

Reaction score
I was just about to cancel it, and order 2022. until it showed up as built and shipped.
They blamed it on chip shortage.

I sent Hellwig an email. Just to confirm. My truck come with factory air. So whatever is on truck, is what I have.
Wasn't sure if I would need longer end links since it goes Low to Off-road.

paulmarsh22

Reaction score
I was just about to cancel it, and order 2022. until it showed up as built and shipped.
They blamed it on chip shortage.

I sent Hellwig an email. Just to confirm. My truck come with factory air. So whatever is on truck, is what I have.
Wasn't sure if I would need longer end links since it goes Low to Off-road.
The swaybar will adjust to the different air ride levels as you raise or lower the truck. The end links won't move, the swaybar will just rotate upwards as you lift or downwards as you lower. The adjustable end links are just for when you permanently raise the truck through a body or suspension lift. Some lift kits come with extended endlinks whereas others don't. That's when you would order longer or adjustable endlinks.

CanRebel

Reaction score
Ah. Thanks for the information. Curious your signature says ceramic tint?
What is that? what does the 50% mean?

Users who are viewing this thread