5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hellwig Sway Bar on a Rebel

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
I thought I remembered a thread on this from a while back, but I can't seem to track it down.

Anyways, looking for some feedback from members who have installed a Hellwig sway bar on a Rebel. I'm leaning towards installing one. I do use my truck off-road, but truth is that it's on the road a lot more than it's off. Would like to hear some thoughts regarding on and off-road comparisons between the Hellwig and stock. I've read a lot of the other Hellwig threads, but I'd like to hear specifically from Rebel owners so I'm comparing "apples to apples".

Daverous

Reaction score
Significant difference in mine after the install. More planted in corners and on ramps. I'd do it again.

DanoUF

Reaction score
I've got one on my Rebel, set to the middle setting. It definately handles better. I've only done minor off-road activities w/ it (gravel or mild dirt roads) but I think it was money well spent at this point.

Night Rebel

Reaction score
Easy install. Definitely got rid of the body roll. I have it on the middle hole setting. Handles so much better. There is some great install videos on YouTube to show how easy and what you need. Buy it yesterday!

Daverous

Reaction score
Super easy install on the middle setting. Only word of advise is to use a good marine grease on the bushings. The stuff that came with it washed out quickly and caused squeaking.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Super easy install on the middle setting. Only word of advise is to use a good marine grease on the bushings. The stuff that came with it washed out quickly and caused squeaking.
Yesssss. Went with synthetic red after that happened to me.

Daverous

Reaction score
I used Quicksilver 8M0071838. No regrets. One application zero issues since.

sep1006

Reaction score
Okay after reading all the positive reviews I'm ready to install. Where are you guys getting the best price at? Also it looks like the #7709 is the part number for the Rebel. On Amazon it shows a chrome finish, which I don't want.

Night Rebel

Reaction score
Who uses the tightest settings? what is the difference from the middle setting? Thinking about trying it out.

downsc123

Reaction score
Okay after reading all the positive reviews I'm ready to install. Where are you guys getting the best price at? Also it looks like the #7709 is the part number for the Rebel. On Amazon it shows a chrome finish, which I don't want.
I got my from amazon - right now 282 is the best you are gonna do. You may find a few sites with it cheaper but the shipping will make it more

And it is not chrome - the thread below has some good pics

HydroRebel

Reaction score
I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on one of these. Watched all the YouTube videos so far. For the folks in this thread who installed this sway bar did you use the factory end links and factory rubber bushings or the Hellwig ones?

Daverous

Reaction score
Factory end links and hellwig bushings on mine. Still a huge difference. I imagine once I swap out the factory bilsteins it'll be even more controlled.

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought I remembered a thread on this from a while back, but I can't seem to track it down.

Anyways, looking for some feedback from members who have installed a Hellwig sway bar on a Rebel. I'm leaning towards installing one. I do use my truck off-road, but truth is that it's on the road a lot more than it's off. Would like to hear some thoughts regarding on and off-road comparisons between the Hellwig and stock. I've read a lot of the other Hellwig threads, but I'd like to hear specifically from Rebel owners so I'm comparing "apples to apples".
Totally worth it...I have it on the middle setting and it made a huge difference with my 4in BDS lift.

HydroRebel

Reaction score
Factory end links and hellwig bushings on mine. Still a huge difference. I imagine once I swap out the factory bilsteins it'll be even more controlled.
Awesome, that is the answer I was hoping for, thanks! I'm happy enough with the stock ride but if this makes it better that would be a bonus for me as I suspect the stock rubber bushings are causing my weird and annoying chirp during the winter months so changing the sway bar looks like win win scenario.

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Awesome, that is the answer I was hoping for, thanks! I'm happy enough with the stock ride but if this makes it better that would be a bonus for me as I suspect the stock rubber bushings are causing my weird and annoying chirp during the winter months so changing the sway bar looks like win win scenario.
A little silicone grease will take care of that

tidefan1967

Reaction score
Bought mine from Walmart.com last week believe it or not for $271.30. Purchased on 7/1 and was delivered yesterday. Best price I could find. Certainly a lot more than the $224 I paid for the same item five years ago for my 2015 Ram.

Users who are viewing this thread