5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hellwig Rear Sway Bar 7793 VS 7709

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks @CogitoErgoLevo and @CHeYeNNe71, I might go ahead and upgrade the rear shocks and see what happens. At 100k miles I wouldn't be surprised if these are shot and I just don't realize it. Heard of lots failing much earlier.
I personally think the OEM struts/shocks are too soft and mine wallows around like a boat. Grab the Bilstein.

E.Hands

Reaction score
Thanks @CogitoErgoLevo and @CHeYeNNe71, I might go ahead and upgrade the rear shocks and see what happens. At 100k miles I wouldn't be surprised if these are shot and I just don't realize it. Heard of lots failing much earlier.
At 100K miles, you won't regret the upgrade.

1715686991709.png

Last edited:

Loganator456

Reaction score
At 100K miles, you won't regret the upgrade.

View attachment 183187
Well, update - went with Bilstein 5100’s and I am very happy, however this made it all the more apparent that the front struts within the airbag assembly are probably worn and need replaced also. Rear handles bumps better than the front now, just intimidated to disassemble the front to replace the 5100’s based on the fitment/machining issues read about on other forums.

E.Hands

Reaction score
Well, update - went with Bilstein 5100’s and I am very happy, however this made it all the more apparent that the front struts within the airbag assembly are probably worn and need replaced also. Rear handles bumps better than the front now, just intimidated to disassemble the front to replace the 5100’s based on the fitment/machining issues read about on other forums.
Did you use part number: 24-300872
I would love to know the dimensions of that shock.
Did you keep the ones that you took off?
Which ride height slot groove did you set them up in?
Since you have a 4x4 and are considering raising the truck, and the 5100 for the front have 7 ride heights to chose from, there's a good chance that going that route may work out just fine.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread