5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Helluva Rental Vehicle!!

Rollint

Reaction score
Well, she got right at 12 mpg. That was driving 70 mph. I loved it! The more gas the better. I work in offshore oil and gas exploration, so, drink up!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yikes! Can't really justify that kind of mpg when 99% of the time it will be used on road. Bummer.

DeepH2ODriller

Reaction score
Yeah, it was worse than I expected. My 2015 Tundra with 12” lift and 38” tires got the same. I wish I could’ve gotten another day with the PowerWagon. Contrary to my initial thoughts on bench seat with console, it was very comfortable!

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I can not believe you got that low on a highway trip.

My 2015 Crew long bed got 18 MPG on our trip to the beach 20190701_103109.jpg

I regularly avg about 13 to 14 doing my daily. And my truck is usually loaded pretty well.

Here is one of my oil change avg MPG.
20200606_190425.jpg

I always reset trip A for oil change and Trip B is reset every fill up.

This is also with the old 6spd.

I would have guessed atleast 16. My 99 with 488 magnum V10 got 10mpg doing daily and 16.5 running the highway.

I think 12 was a fluke. But you drove the thing. The smiles per gallon are worth it everytime to me.

DeepH2ODriller

Reaction score
Yeah, like I said, it surprised me. I reset the trip while pulling out of my driveway. And it was such a small sample size, only 90 miles. It’s about 80% 4 lane, driving 70 mph the whole time. But, like I said, the more gas the better!! It’s job security for me and a lot of my friends that are HARD working Oilfield hands.

bwsRam19

Reaction score
Thanks for getting back, that pretty much puts my mind at ease about keeping my 1500, powerwagon is badass though.

DeepH2ODriller

Reaction score
Thanks for getting back, that pretty much puts my mind at ease about keeping my 1500, powerwagon is badass though.
Honestly, I expected a lot more from the 6.4. But, with only 15 more HP and 19 more ft/lb of torque, I guess not. I think I will stick to my 1500 for as much as I pull. But, it was pretty cool to get to drive! Unless, I can find a good enough deal on the 75th Anniversary edition PowerWagon.

Users who are viewing this thread