5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello

J0k3r20

Reaction score
I’m new here, but not to ram. My first was a 2012 ram 2500 6.7 HO, Was a awesome truck. I sold the 2012 and then i got a 1993 ram W350 5.9, club cab, long bed, dually, 4X4. I got it as a project but it was in fairly good shape. I was in the military and i got orders to move across country. Now my project that i was going to work on over time had to be completed in a couple months along with getting my house ready for sale. So i took the truck to a shop to fix the drivetrain. Got a new transmission, transfer case, rear axle and brakes. Truck only had 170k miles so the engine was just getting broken in. I was moving all my stuff myself, so i had a 35ft gooseneck that i had all my belongings in(about 13k lbs). Well 20 miles in to the trip from Washington State to New Jersey all the piston rings blew. I didn’t know that the previous owner put 150 over fuel injectors in. So the injectors washed the cylinders and destroyed the engine. So i was in a time crunch and limited funds do to moving. So i had to get a new to me truck as soon as I could. So I ended up with a 2008 F350 dually. It was a work horse not vary good on fuel but it did have 4.10 gears. I have pulled a semi with a trailer that was stuck in the mud up to his bumpers out, but it wasn’t a Ram. So now i have a 2020 Ram 1500 with 5.7 E Torque. I’m going to get the new ram 3500 a couple years down the road when all the issues are worked out. But for now the 1500 is a good stand in till the 3500. It’s a smooth quiet ride and way more maneuverable than a crew cab, long bed dually.lol.

Users who are viewing this thread