5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello, World

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So here I am in Ohio, new owner of 2022 Crew Cab 1500 4x4. V8 5.7L and yes I ordered the 3.92 axles in spite of dealer trying to talk me out of it. Would have liked to have 3.55 or 3.75, but those are only offered as anti-spin, which I have past experience with. Not sorry, torque is awesome and I plan to tow a travel trailer at some near-future time. Hate the way they package things so that you have to buy stuff you hate to get the stuff you need, but it seems like everyone is doing it. Couple minor things need sorted yet. Tried to get window air deflectors installed and the dealer cracked the drivers side trying to get it in, looks like there is some kind of lump in the weatherstrip, so dealer ordered new weatherstrip and another set of deflectors. While waiting for that to come in, I notice that the compass has quit working, so don't know if that will heal itself. I assume they are now using a magnetometer chip like smartphones and those can be strange. Otherwise reasonably happy with it so far.

CrazyWorld

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome and congrat. I got the 5.7....3.92 and a tow package.....the truck gets great mileage and tows really well. Enjoy.....Rams are fun to drive.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome! I have the 3.92 anti-spin and am quite happy with it. Not aware of 3.55 being offered on any v8 (too bad bc I think it would be optimal), nor 3.75 at all, so I think you went with the best choice ;)

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So here I am in Ohio, new owner of 2022 Crew Cab 1500 4x4. V8 5.7L and yes I ordered the 3.92 axles in spite of dealer trying to talk me out of it. Would have liked to have 3.55 or 3.75, but those are only offered as anti-spin, which I have past experience with. Not sorry, torque is awesome and I plan to tow a travel trailer at some near-future time. Hate the way they package things so that you have to buy stuff you hate to get the stuff you need, but it seems like everyone is doing it. Couple minor things need sorted yet. Tried to get window air deflectors installed and the dealer cracked the drivers side trying to get it in, looks like there is some kind of lump in the weatherstrip, so dealer ordered new weatherstrip and another set of deflectors. While waiting for that to come in, I notice that the compass has quit working, so don't know if that will heal itself. I assume they are now using a magnetometer chip like smartphones and those can be strange. Otherwise reasonably happy with it so far.
Are you a software developer? The thread title made me think you might be.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you a software developer? The thread title made me think you might be.
Jack of all trades, master of a couple, maybe. I've done wrenching and wiring, tubes and dynamotors to microcode and switchmode, now semi-retired and starting to enjoy it a little more as I offload some of the pressure ;-)

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome! I have the 3.92 anti-spin and am quite happy with it. Not aware of 3.55 being offered on any v8 (too bad bc I think it would be optimal), nor 3.75 at all, so I think you went with the best choice ;)
Thanks. I looked at all the major brands. Don't remember for sure, maybe 3.75 was the blue oval. Anyway I have towing planned, and with MDS and like two overdrives in the transmission, economy shouldn't be hurt too bad. I've had anti-spin for a long time on the previous truck and it's not a bad compromise, but you can't adjust it and can be noisy and strange on corners, sometimes squirreley on ice. So I got the e-locker and now have more complete control, or at least that's the theory...

Users who are viewing this thread