5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from the Bayou!

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm Danielle, 36, born and raised in South Louisiana. LSU grad in civil engineering. I just picked up a sweet 19 Laramie 4x4 as my 'company truck'. I also own a 2016 B5 Blue Charger Rallye.

I'm co-owner of an engineering and land surveying firm, so I split my time between being dressed up pretty in the office, meeting clients, and getting in the mud with the survey crew! I also hunt, I fish, I fly drones - so I needed a vehicle that gets me where I need (or want) to be. While I have spent a lot of time in the field, I'm rather new to actually doing the offroad driving, pulling trailers, launching boats, and truck stuff in general - but I'm learning! When I'm not working my day job, I'm a makeup artist and wedding photographer.

Feel free to message anytime:)

Hey, Danielle -

Welcome to the forum. I'm a fellow LSU grad (undergrad and law school) but I've been living in Central Texas since 1995. That's a sharp looking Laramie. Have fun getting a little mud on the tires.

MFALRAM

Reaction score
I typically prefer original parts, but may not have the option. When I bought the truck, it was on the lot next to a white one that had the black bars, and I told them I want those too. Apparently they are back ordered indefinitely, so I said fine, I’ll get them later. Since I’m seeing them as more of a need than a style choice, I’m looking at aftermarket instead of waiting “indefinitely”!
Had the same problem but I paid $700 for black factory running boards but they couldn’t get them do they bought aftermarket ones without asking me and put them on and tried to charge me the $700 when they only cost $380. I did like them though but I wasn’t paying $700 for them. They took them off and gave me my money back. So I bought the same type of running boards and a tonneau cover for $750 so I made out in the end but I like the look. They are Westin R5’s 9FD0D12F-5A57-475C-B8D2-396ECB7A4AFB.jpeg

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey, Danielle -

Welcome to the forum. I'm a fellow LSU grad (undergrad and law school) but I've been living in Central Texas since 1995. That's a sharp looking Laramie. Have fun getting a little mud on the tires.
Thank you, and nice to meet you! I get out in the field with my survey crew at least one day a week, so I'll have plenty of chances to sharpen my offroad skills :)

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had the same problem but I paid $700 for black factory running boards but they couldn’t get them do they bought aftermarket ones without asking me and put them on and tried to charge me the $700 when they only cost $380. I did like them though but I wasn’t paying $700 for them. They took them off and gave me my money back. So I bought the same type of running boards and a tonneau cover for $750 so I made out in the end but I like the look. They are Westin R5’s View attachment 18975
Looks awesome blacked out! I think I'd like to change to black badges eventually. Anyway, I like those steps. Looks like a nice wide step. I've been shipping around on Real Truck and American Truck and see they come in 3 ,4, 5, or 6" widths - what size are those?

MFALRAM

Reaction score
Looks awesome blacked out! I think I'd like to change to black badges eventually. Anyway, I like those steps. Looks like a nice wide step. I've been shipping around on Real Truck and American Truck and see they come in 3 ,4, 5, or 6" widths - what size are those?
4” running boards and I think black badges would look pretty good on your truck.

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
4” running boards and I think black badges would look pretty good on your truck.
I was on Real Truck looking at the Westin, but liked the Ionic Pro 5" curved ones, in black. Also on sale. Just made the order, and with a little help from a friend at work I should have them on in a few days!

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm Danielle, 36, born and raised in South Louisiana. LSU grad in civil engineering. I just picked up a sweet 19 Laramie 4x4 as my 'company truck'. I also own a 2016 B5 Blue Charger Rallye.

I'm co-owner of an engineering and land surveying firm, so I split my time between being dressed up pretty in the office, meeting clients, and getting in the mud with the survey crew! I also hunt, I fish, I fly drones - so I needed a vehicle that gets me where I need (or want) to be. While I have spent a lot of time in the field, I'm rather new to actually doing the offroad driving, pulling trailers, launching boats, and truck stuff in general - but I'm learning! When I'm not working my day job, I'm a makeup artist and wedding photographer.

That Blue is electrifying! Welcome and nice truck!

MFALRAM

Reaction score
I was on Real Truck looking at the Westin, but liked the Ionic Pro 5" curved ones, in black. Also on sale. Just made the order, and with a little help from a friend at work I should have them on in a few days!
Nice!!! I hope you enjoy them!!!

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Op did you order your wheel well liners yet ? If so has it made much of a difference in your eyes ?

jeffmc306

Reaction score
Danielle, I went with the factory stainless step installed by the dealer post-sale - also have the Sport appearance package. Since the steps are on the same level as the wheels, they don’t stand out. See what you think... By the way, the truck came with the factory wheel liners; worth adding!
E3EA4357-F961-49FE-A8A1-71CECB67F327.jpeg

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Cool, mine are ordered and set to arrive this Wednesday, I’ll post photos once installed..

Xmetal

Reaction score

Engineer? Wow. Nice pair of Mopars you have there! What is a Rallye Charger?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online