5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from the Bayou!

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm Danielle, 36, born and raised in South Louisiana. LSU grad in civil engineering. I just picked up a sweet 19 Laramie 4x4 as my 'company truck'. I also own a 2016 B5 Blue Charger Rallye.

I'm co-owner of an engineering and land surveying firm, so I split my time between being dressed up pretty in the office, meeting clients, and getting in the mud with the survey crew! I also hunt, I fish, I fly drones - so I needed a vehicle that gets me where I need (or want) to be. While I have spent a lot of time in the field, I'm rather new to actually doing the offroad driving, pulling trailers, launching boats, and truck stuff in general - but I'm learning! When I'm not working my day job, I'm a makeup artist and wedding photographer.

Feel free to message anytime:)

Attachments

• 00102.jpg
    00102.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_8112.JPG
    IMG_8112.JPG
    177.5 KB · Views: 187

Gmolah

Reaction score
Welcome to the Forums, I almost got Blue in my truck but the wife want the Delmoico Red..

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Another photo. I really love the sport hood! But this does show something I don’t like...the open rear wheel wells. Aside from getting mud all over the underside it just looks unfinished.

I’m told Mopar makes a wheel well liner, but I’m having no luck finding it on their site. Anyone know anything more about them? I’ll also need side steps. 2CE47592-15E0-4F50-8927-8214AAF06908.png

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello, the wheel well liners seems to be hit or miss on the website. As far as steps, are you looking for powered or stationary, black, or chrome ?

MFALRAM

Reaction score
I'm Danielle, 36, born and raised in South Louisiana. LSU grad in civil engineering. I just picked up a sweet 19 Laramie 4x4 as my 'company truck'. I also own a 2016 B5 Blue Charger Rallye.

I'm co-owner of an engineering and land surveying firm, so I split my time between being dressed up pretty in the office, meeting clients, and getting in the mud with the survey crew! I also hunt, I fish, I fly drones - so I needed a vehicle that gets me where I need (or want) to be. While I have spent a lot of time in the field, I'm rather new to actually doing the offroad driving, pulling trailers, launching boats, and truck stuff in general - but I'm learning! When I'm not working my day job, I'm a makeup artist and wedding photographer.

Feel free to message anytime:)
Nice truck !!!! Welcome !! There are a lot of great people on here I hope you enjoy the site!!!

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello, the wheel well liners seems to be hit or miss on the website. As far as steps, are you looking for powered or stationary, black, or chrome ?
Stationary is fine, and I think black will look better on my truck. From looking around at other trucks, it seems to me that bars provide a lower step than a running board - is that accurate? I’m 5’-9” so I can get in without terrible difficulty, but I know steps would be easier. Especially on days I’m dressed for office duty!

Gmolah

Reaction score
This is how the Ram step bars look, I have a 4th Gen but they are still using the same bars from what I was told at the dealer. They come in all black and run about 500 installed here in Va. They make getting in the Truck much easier for me, I am also I large man and they are holding up well to my weight.. If you would like more of a close up I can take one tonight once i get home..

63b3c7aa4fe25c356091577dc707c21d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is how the Ram step bars look, I have a 4th Gen but they are still using the same bars from what I was told at the dealer. They come in all black and run about 500 installed here in Va. They make getting in the Truck much easier for me, I am also I large man and they are holding up well to my weight.. If you would like more of a close up I can take one tonight once i get home..

63b3c7aa4fe25c356091577dc707c21d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I typically prefer original parts, but may not have the option. When I bought the truck, it was on the lot next to a white one that had the black bars, and I told them I want those too. Apparently they are back ordered indefinitely, so I said fine, I’ll get them later. Since I’m seeing them as more of a need than a style choice, I’m looking at aftermarket instead of waiting “indefinitely”!

Gmolah

Reaction score
hmmm that is weird they are not order able by now, let me look at some places..

RAMRhode

Reaction score
I typically prefer original parts, but may not have the option. When I bought the truck, it was on the lot next to a white one that had the black bars, and I told them I want those too. Apparently they are back ordered indefinitely, so I said fine, I’ll get them later. Since I’m seeing them as more of a need than a style choice, I’m looking at aftermarket instead of waiting “indefinitely”!
Welcome! Nice looking truck! Try here.Myoemmoparparts.com for the running boards. They can also help with getting the right wheel liners and associated components. If they do not have a part in stock they will source out for it. (They did this for me when I was ordering the bed extender bolts for my bed...and they were not easy to get).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/