5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello Everyone, New Member here with a few questions

ibadush

Reaction score
Just got my new '19 limited in granite crystal with rambox on friday and my wife is not happy.. because i'm in love!
unfortunately my luck has not been playing in my favor
first on saturday night i was trying to show my brother the self parking feature and the truck malfunctioned and grazed a car .. so this would be the last time i use this feature... ;/ it was at night and the truck just kept getting closer to another car until it grazed it luckily i got off with just a small scratch (i wonder if i should be contacting FCA about this it was late at night in a poorly lit street but still.. i dont even know how to go about contacting them)
today i blew out my tire by grazing the curb while parking i have the 22" rims and the low profile tires are apparently very sensitive i have a huge gaping hole in my sidewall :( this is probably a stupid question but does anyone know if the tire coverage would cover something like that.. probably not, im just so pissed
and while im on the subject im thinking i should put bigger tires on it i dont like the fact that the sidewalls are small i have to be extra super careful about the beautiful rims and i don't like being careful. i always hit the curb when i park, thats how i know im close enough i used to do it with my '15 laramie with 20s and nothing ever happened. can anyone suggest good tires for these rims that wont break the bank? i don't need anything too fancy, just bigger sidewalls. also i don't know what would be the ramifications of changing the overall diameter of the tire in terms of mpg, speedometer, air suspention etc. im not interested in a lift kit.. just new tires with bigger sidewalls is that an option?
also i'm looking for a tonneau cover i need something cheap probably a soft roll up one any recommendation?

ibadush

Reaction score
i didn't take any yet. ill take some tomorrow.
the scratch is really minor and could be buffed out.. the tire however is a gonner the rim is ok

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maybe you can find someone with 20" wheels on their new 1500 that wants 22" wheels and offer to trade wheels?
EDIT: Just noticed this on 5thgenrams: https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/20in-chrome-rims-and-275-55r20-stock-tires-for-sale.2882/

You definitely should contact Ram Care about the self-park issue you had and, get to the bottom of how it happened. It shouldn't have mattered if it was low light, the sensors likely use either ultrasonic sensing, or maybe infrared, or a combination of sensor types.

The two phone numbers I have for Ram Care are 866-726-4636 and 800-992-1997. Their official contact page is:
https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/article/How-do-I-contact-Ram

Good luck!

Last edited:

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum and congratulations on your new truck. Wow sorry you had such bad luck with the tire and parking. Would be great if you could show us a picture of the "graze". Imo I would contact FCA or your dealer and inform them of the parking mishap. Have had 4 of the 5 generation Rams but none with the 22 inchers yet.

ibadush

Reaction score
Maybe you can find someone with 20" wheels on their new 1500 that wants 22" wheels and offer to trade wheels?
EDIT: Just noticed this on 5thgenrams: https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/20in-chrome-rims-and-275-55r20-stock-tires-for-sale.2882/

You definitely should contact Ram Care about the self-park issue you had and, get to the bottom of how it happened. It shouldn't have mattered if it was low light, the sensors likely use either ultrasonic sensing, or maybe infrared, or a combination of sensor types.

The two phone numbers I have for Ram Care are 866-726-4636 and 800-992-1997. Their official contact page is:
https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/article/How-do-I-contact-Ram

Good luck!

i don't know about switching to the 20s i love the look of the 22s i was wondering if i could just add to the total diameter of the wheels by putting tires with bigger sidewalls. i'm not a big expert but i would assume that could create issues with the speedometer etc. also how much bigger can i even go without having to install some sort of a lift kit, when the air suspension is on entry mode the wheels are very tight if i go bigger they might rub against the wheelhouse.. does anyone know what my options are?

i contacted ram care about the self-park even though i view this feature as no more than a show off trick. its not really useful i would probably never use it. anyway they said they would have a case manager give me a call to discuss. lets see where this goes.... i also complained to them about the 19speaker herman kardon system which is disappointing to say the least in terms of power.. the lady sounded like shes been getting complaints about it often she said theyre "looking into it" whatever that means..

i do feel like i should make a point to mention that despite the bad luck i had with the truck and the various complaints i still would not trade it for any other truck out there.. its a beautiful truck.. and they did an amazing job on it overall.. it drives very well. i did encounter a few other "glitches" today along with android auto issue but that is to be expected when you buy a first release of an all new design and tech, especially in american cars

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome. Sorry about your issues, but it is a common trend here that people have issues, but still love the truck.

That says alot for how good the truck is and hopefully Ram and the truck plant get quality worked out.

Thanks for joining us

Users who are viewing this thread