5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello all

Falken QA

Reaction score
Hello Ram owners,

This forum has been blowing up one of our web-based software and figure it was time to sign up and see how it is going.

I'm posting on behalf of Falken Tire's QA department. I am not here to sell or push our product; simply to see how Ram owners are using their trucks and/or address any issues or technical advise you may have.

Tire pressure adjustment due to bigger size? Check. How come the OEM Wildpeaks look different from the off-the-shelf WIldpeaks? I can explain. Whatever it may be, I can answer your questions to the best of my ability. Even if it is a different brand, I'll chime in. If you want falken decals, etc, I can help on that too.

Admins: if I'm not allowed, please let me know. I don't want to upset vendors/sponsors.

CentralPaRam

Reaction score
I'm posting on behalf of Falken Tire's QA department. I am not here to sell or push our product; simply to see how Ram owners are using their trucks and/or address any issues or technical advise you may have.

Tire pressure adjustment due to bigger size? Check. How come the OEM Wildpeaks look different from the off-the-shelf WIldpeaks? I can explain. Whatever it may be, I can answer your questions to the best of my ability. Even if it is a different brand, I'll chime in. If you want falken decals, etc, I can help on that too.

Admins: if I'm not allowed, please let me know. I don't want to upset vendors/sponsors.
Welcome to the forum!

Curious to hear your thoughts on what tire pressure to use on the OEM Falkens that come with the off-road package. The door sticker on my truck says 32, but that seems low. Really looking for a tire pressure that gives the best mix of even tread wear, mpg, and ride quality. Thanks!

Falken QA

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

Curious to hear your thoughts on what tire pressure to use on the OEM Falkens that come with the off-road package. The door sticker on my truck says 32, but that seems low. Really looking for a tire pressure that gives the best mix of even tread wear, mpg, and ride quality. Thanks!

Ram figures out air pressure based on load of the vehicle & contents, comfort, noise, handling, and MPG, to name a few. OEMs simply develop & produce tires to meet those criterias.

While it does seem low, I have seen Tacoma's starting at 29 PSI and you can see how much "squish" those tires have.

As the owner of the vehicle, you can always adjust higher to find your sweet spot. Just keep in mind that generally as you increase air pressure, your tires become stiffer, which creates a harsher ride and also makes road hazards more susceptible.

JP_Night18

Reaction score
my ram right now is 38 for the winter. am i doing it right ? Summer my tires are normally 35-36. 32 has always seem so low to me.

Falken QA

Reaction score
my ram right now is 38 for the winter. am i doing it right ? Summer my tires are normally 35-36. 32 has always seem so low to me.

it is really your preference. If Ram recommends 32 PSI, that is your cold starting pressure to support the load and contents of the truck. As your tires heat up during driving, this pressure will increase due to heat expansion.

However, overinflating can cause irregular wear on tires, along with being more susceptible to road hazards.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome!

I recently put on Falken Wildpeak H/T02 tires (285/45r22) and have been really impressed so far. These are of course nothing like the OEM tires that came with my Limited (those were Pirelli Scorpion Verde AS), and the sticker recommends 36 PSI for those tires.

With that info, can you tell me around what the optimal pressure for the Waldpeak HT's would be on my truck? A little lower? A little higher?

Falken QA

Reaction score
Welcome!

I recently put on Falken Wildpeak H/T02 tires (285/45r22) and have been really impressed so far. These are of course nothing like the OEM tires that came with my Limited (those were Pirelli Scorpion Verde AS), and the sticker recommends 36 PSI for those tires.

With that info, can you tell me around what the optimal pressure for the Waldpeak HT's would be on my truck? A little lower? A little higher?

Hello,

Were the Pirelli/OEM the same 285/45R22 size? If so, that would be the optimal pressure for the Wildpeaks. The Pirelli's had a load rating of 114 (same as the wildpeaks) and with the only thing that change was tire design, air pressure will remain the same.

The only time tire pressure should be adjusted is if we are going into a different tire size. At that point, tire construction/load rating will differ from one another and as such, load capacity will differ at a specific air pressure.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello,

Were the Pirelli/OEM the same 285/45R22 size? If so, that would be the optimal pressure for the Wildpeaks. The Pirelli's had a load rating of 114 (same as the wildpeaks) and with the only thing that change was tire design, air pressure will remain the same.

The only time tire pressure should be adjusted is if we are going into a different tire size. At that point, tire construction/load rating will differ from one another and as such, load capacity will differ at a specific air pressure.
Makes sense. Thanks! Again, GREAT tire, just needs a good snow run yet.

phil-wi

Reaction score
Makes sense. Thanks! Again, GREAT tire, just needs a good snow run yet.
You mind posting some pictures of how they look? I have a Limited on order with the 22s and I currently have the Wildpeaks AT3s on my Jeep Gladiator and really like them. Trying to decide if I should go with the AT3s or the HTs on the Ram.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for joining the forum - definitely an active site and lots of tire talk. I purchased a set of Wildpeak A/T3W in June of 2021 to replace the factory Bridgestones and have been very happy so far. While they are Mountain/Snowflake rated I run Blizzak winter tires from Nov - March but if Falken develops a competative winter tire would consider that for my next set.

Falken QA

Reaction score
Thanks for joining the forum - definitely an active site and lots of tire talk. I purchased a set of Wildpeak A/T3W in June of 2021 to replace the factory Bridgestones and have been very happy so far. While they are Mountain/Snowflake rated I run Blizzak winter tires from Nov - March but if Falken develops a competative winter tire would consider that for my next set.

I have pushed the truck winter tire inquiry to product development.

Users who are viewing this thread