5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello all, new member from STL

pmac

Reaction score
Hello everyone, currently driving a 2012 Big Horn 2500 diesel with a 2019 1500 Limited Tri coat white on order and should be here next week. Look forward to reading what everyone has done to their trucks and any tips and tricks.

sgk

Reaction score
HI pmac, welcome. Like you said there are lots to read on here, they cover just about every topic you can think of and some you cant. Im interested to see what you think of yours and what tips you got for us. Thanks for joining.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Next week? Me too! Welcome to the forum @pmac lots to read about here... pay special attention for things to inspect when you pickup your truck... since there are some new model year “bugs” make sure it all looks right before you drive off into the sunset. Have you found the inspection checklist? Here’s a messy but useful version I just made for myself in advance of next week (and in response to your post). Good to have you here.

211C8327-41F7-4362-8AFD-3CFA15ED3C5E.jpeg

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I disabled the seatbelt chime and ordered the REAL owners manual as soon as mine arrived. Looks like you ordered a nice one!

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I started the process end of June but had to wait out the Rambox logjam.... so three months of being patient for me, two months based on my order change (see sig block). Others had to be much more patient with a very few May order Rambox stragglers still waiting, but the vast majority are built and moving now.

pmac

Reaction score
Thank you all for the warm welcome! i ordered my truck around the end of August, vin # was assigned 9/01 and rolled out of the factory 09/17 at 5:23 a.m. Currently sitting in a holding yard in Toledo with an delivery eta of 09/26 (that has changed once or twice so far). Pretty much looking for a bed cover and bed rug first thing and then relax until i think something else up with the help of reading everyone's ideas here. lol

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you all for the warm welcome! i ordered my truck around the end of August, vin # was assigned 9/01 and rolled out of the factory 09/17 at 5:23 a.m. Currently sitting in a holding yard in Toledo with an delivery eta of 09/26 (that has changed once or twice so far). Pretty much looking for a bed cover and bed rug first thing and then relax until i think something else up with the help of reading everyone's ideas here. lol
Same mod plan here in the short term. I spent up for the Bak X4 because it looks sooo good. I’ve heard it has troubles with snow and ice on/in it, but I would think any roller would be the same so I’ll work around that problem. Unfortunately BedRug isn’t designing parts for new Rambox beds yet, so I’m stuck either waiting or finding something else. If you aren’t Rambox though you’ll be golden.

pmac

Reaction score
Same mod plan here in the short term. I spent up for the Bak X4 because it looks sooo good. I’ve heard it has troubles with snow and ice on/in it, but I would think any roller would be the same so I’ll work around that problem. Unfortunately BedRug isn’t designing parts for new Rambox beds yet, so I’m stuck either waiting or finding something else. If you aren’t Rambox though you’ll be golden.
No ram box here so bed rug should be good, I think i'm getting the MX4 or the Undercover ultra flex. I like the matching carpet on the underneath of the UC. I also saw a OEM hard folding cover at a local dealer i am trying to get info on, I can get a better price on the OEM but if its not up to par then i will go with one of the others.

MTRHEAD

Reaction score
Mine will be coming into the wentzville rail yard. Maybe they will be on the same train.

syddog 2000

Reaction score
Welcome and enjoy. Lots of good information here to help you along.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome.

Quite a few here switched from 2500 Cummins to the 1500 Hemi.

Keep us posted. Good luck with the wait.

Troop2865

Reaction score
Glad to hear yours is built. I ordered right before Labor Day and was told it could be three months. VIN was assigned first week in September. Haven’t heard anything else.

I am less than an hour from St. Louis. Go Cardinals.

pmac

Reaction score
Mine will be coming into the wentzville rail yard. Maybe they will be on the same train.
Did yours come in yet? I'm picking mine up tomorrow 10/1 from a dealer i ordered from in IL.

pmac

Reaction score
Glad to hear yours is built. I ordered right before Labor Day and was told it could be three months. VIN was assigned first week in September. Haven’t heard anything else.

I am less than an hour from St. Louis. Go Cardinals.
Did you get your vin assigned yet?

Troop2865

Reaction score
Did you get your vin assigned yet?
Yes. First week in September. The salesman was surprised it was that fast. When I first sat down to order they said they could not take orders for the off road package or buckets seats. Some kind of supply issue. A check with the regional rep said go ahead and make sure the order was in before September 12, so I ordered it August 30. I think the VIN was assigned September 6 or 7.

pmac

Reaction score
Yes. First week in September. The salesman was surprised it was that fast. When I first sat down to order they said they could not take orders for the off road package or buckets seats. Some kind of supply issue. A check with the regional rep said go ahead and make sure the order was in before September 12, so I ordered it August 30. I think the VIN was assigned September 6 or 7.
do you have someone tracking it to see where it is in the process?

Troop2865

Reaction score
The salesman let me know when the VIN was assigned. I haven’t wanted to bug him but I am going to call soon and see if they can give me an update.

Users who are viewing this thread