5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heavy Duty Coil Spring Upgrade For The Ram 1500 2019-2024+

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have already implemented the Timbren SES system.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does Tuftruk make coils for the 5th Gen? Many used them on the 4th Gen.

hockeyboy

Reaction score
I just put new heavier rear springs in my truck today. I'm not pleased with the results right now. I got Bilstein springs and 5100 shocks. It was supposed to raise the rear about an inch and a half, but measured at the wheel opening, it actually raised it more like 2 1/2 inches. I know it will settle a little eventually, but it's too much rake, and the tailgate is pretty high to load things now. I have a 2 inch leveling kit in the front.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
First thing they might need settling put some weight in the bed to help IIRC i got about a 1.5” lift in the rear using B12 springs and also Bilstein 5100s. There should be no reason to have that much lift in the rear unless you added a spacer or something or pooched the install. Also make sure your getting an alignment afterwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ddubya

Reaction score
I would think that heavier springs would make the truck ride rougher without a load. The Timbren suspension only works if the truck is loaded. I have used air bags in the past but they are a hassle because you have to make sure that they have the correct pressure.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would think that heavier springs would make the truck ride rougher without a load. The Timbren suspension only works if the truck is loaded. I have used air bags in the past but they are a hassle because you have to make sure that they have the correct pressure.
I agree, if you need that kind of suspension on your truck you should probably look at purchasing a 2500.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Depends on the coils. Tuftruk has single and dual rate coils that are HD.

Users who are viewing this thread