5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heated Seats to hot?

1fujifilm

Reaction score
Well the heated seats at least the driver seat seems to get to hot even on low and I end up just turning it off. If their any way to lower the temperature? Or is their a way to make it so that the seats don't go to full high every time I start the truck. I would rather they come on in the low setting to start with.

Agreed, why even have a medium and high setting as the low is so hot you have to turn it off after a few miles. Pushing the button twice to go from high to low is an annoyance too, freekin lame. There is no way you can enjoy the warmth as the feeling is "electrical" rather than soothing. Back in the day I had a 2005 Grand Cherokee with heated seats which you could enjoy after skiing, a comfortable feeling on the way home; completely opposite on this stupid Ram.
This Ram is becoming more and more a pain after only 900 miles, yesterday the volume control would not work until I shut the truck off and restarted the truck...typical Ram quality; why did I leave my F-150?

Bear

76rich

Reaction score
I agree, the steering wheel is unusable when it is heated up. My dealership checked other wheels on the lot and said they were all the same temp. RAM needs to fix this!

surfingcrna

Reaction score
I dont have a problem with either. I use my seat warmer on low and my wife and kids like it on high. My heated steering I keep on until the ambient temps in the car get warm enough. Was the same on the demos I drove

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think if you have cloth seats the heat just is not as absorbed as it is in a leather seat. I drove a loaner big horn with cloth and heated seats and it was warmer than my limited. Material thickness I think affects that. My steering wheel gets nice and toasty near the bottom for sure though.. Nice on a cold winter day.

Could have something to do with it, but my 2014 sport had cloth seats and the seat heater worked perfectly in that truck.

bdm219

Reaction score
I also think the steering wheel gets far too hot to be enjoyable. I've had heated steering wheels before, in a '14 Ram and a '17 Grand Cherokee. Both of those were just warm, you could enjoy it without feeling like it's burning your hand.

My Ram wheel is actually uncomfortable as hot as it gets. I have to turn it off after several minutes. The seats in my Big Horn are cloth, they do become warm (preferred), but I just kick it down to level 2 or 1 once I'm warmed up.

Ram does need to address the steering wheel though imho.

Kamikaze6780

Reaction score
I really like how warm/hot the steering wheel can get. Same with the heated seats. Those heated seats at first take awhile to heat up but then all of a sudden it will get nice and hot. Very nice if your sitting in the truck for long periods of time. Same goes for those awesome e ventilated seats.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I really like how warm/hot the steering wheel can get. Same with the heated seats. Those heated seats at first take awhile to heat up but then all of a sudden it will get nice and hot. Very nice if your sitting in the truck for long periods of time. Same goes for those awesome e ventilated seats.
I agree.

Users who are viewing this thread