5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heated Seats to hot?

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well the heated seats at least the driver seat seems to get to hot even on low and I end up just turning it off. If their any way to lower the temperature? Or is their a way to make it so that the seats don't go to full high every time I start the truck. I would rather they come on in the low setting to start with.

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree low setting seems like not much lower than the high setting

1stTimeRAM

Reaction score
You can set them not to come on automatically, along with the steering wheel, through the Settings menu.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is a certainly a difference in mine between HI and LO...

grinch72

Reaction score
I love mine and I can tell the difference between hi and low for sure. I like them hot however my steering wheel gets so hot it feels like it could burn my hands. that I hate!

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I love mine and I can tell the difference between hi and low for sure. I like them hot however my steering wheel gets so hot it feels like it could burn my hands. that I hate!
Same here with the seats and steering. Not complaining though :)

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
Not for me. I don't find the seat heater to be especially hot. It gets comfortably warm on high, but that's it. The steering wheel does get substantially warmer than the seat, but I wouldn't say it's uncomfortable.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When you start your car don't keep it on level 3 and then wait to turn it back down to level 1 once you feel its to hot already. Then its to late. Start the car put the seat on level 1 and you should be fine

I dont see any issue with my heated seats or my steering wheel

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yup same here, seats are great but a Hi/Lo setting for the wheel would be nice. Even better would be a heated cup holder that get's as hot as the steering wheel to keep my coffee warm.

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think if you have cloth seats the heat just is not as absorbed as it is in a leather seat. I drove a loaner big horn with cloth and heated seats and it was warmer than my limited. Material thickness I think affects that. My steering wheel gets nice and toasty near the bottom for sure though.. Nice on a cold winter day.

Sho-Nuff

Reaction score
Thanks for this post. My seats get crazy hot. I have to put them to low after five minutes and then off three minutes after that.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are they designed to run full time? I like how hot they get quickly. Once the cabin is up to temp, I shut them off and am comfortable.

Chris

Reaction score
It regularly drops below zero through the winter over here: I wish my seats would get as hot as my steering wheel, which I find just right.

Users who are viewing this thread