5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heated seats not very warm.

bison41187

Reaction score
My seat gets warm not Hot but same as my old one. Steering wheel is too HOT
I have a 19 Laramie and the seats don't get very hot, my ford I had before this was WAYY hotter. on the flip side my steering wheel gets obnoxiously hot. It shuts itself off after a while, which I don't know if its designed with a timer or overheats itself and hits a limit and shuts down.

anyone have any solutions or that was able to have the dealer fix? or a TSB about it somewhere that I haven't seen yet?

jljbtm

Reaction score
Yea my wheel gets too hot to touch. Now i notice three settings on the seat heat but my wheel is full on or off no low or medium is yours like this?

TravisJ

Reaction score
My Jeep Cherokee heated seats were trash, so wouldn’t shock me if some really have faulty heated seats. I remember getting a loaner Jeep Cherokee (with vinyl) and it felt like I was going to get 3rd degree burns, barely felt heat in my leather seats though.

Now with my Ram, they are definitely much hotter, but even level 3 heat doesn’t feel uncomfortably hot after any amount of time. I don’t get it.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Mine get hot enough. I have cloth seats. You will feel the heat at first, but I think you get used to it after awhile and it doesn’t feel as hot anymore. Sometimes I’ll turn them off and back on again tho, feels like it gets hotter.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My cloth seats get very hot even on low, I rarely use them more then about 15 minutes.

b.w.royder

Reaction score
My 19 super hot. The 21 on high is the equivalent of low setting in the 19. The steering wheel however gets way too hot I wish it was the opposite.

tac63

Reaction score
Same as many others here, Laramie level 2, 2019 ram, heated seats are pretty poor compared to all other vehicles I've driven and had with them. At best you can tell they are on, on high. On low or medium you can't tell they are on. Steering wheel could cook eggs though.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The same thing happens to my Rebel even thought is 2018. My stering wheel is ok but my heated seats is not heated but cold instead even after 5 or 10 minutes. I have 3 other cars with leather that will burn your you butt if you dont lower or turn them off! So far my dealer replace the heated elements to no avail. Waiting on the factory recommendation...
We are here to help! Feel free to follow up in a private message with your VIN and mileage so that we may look into this further for you. Thanks!

Kathryn
Ram Cares

RamLink83

Reaction score
My 2020 Bighorn with cloth seats get nice and toasty. Same for the steering wheel. I usually have to turn off the steering after a few minutes and put the seats on low, otherwise they are too warm. I even have seat covers, although they are very thin.

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 2020 Bighorn with cloth seats get nice and toasty. Same for the steering wheel. I usually have to turn off the steering after a few minutes and put the seats on low, otherwise they are too warm. I even have seat covers, although they are very thin.
I wish I had that problem....

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same for me with 2019 BigHorn - I have Carhartt seat covers and on high my seats and steering wheel get very hot - real nice in sub-zero temps.

jonnyrebel88

Reaction score
2019 Rebel and same issue, heated seats on high feel like the low setting in every other car. Would be nice to know if there is an issue with some of them. Seems like it is across all years as well

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My Limited Indigo Frost Leather seats get quite warm. After 10 Minutes or so I feel like I am on the roaster. Steering wheel used to get insanely hot but had it replaced under warranty for the leather peeling and the new one is just about right, although it still gets a little too warm after about 20 Minutes.

Turnhous

Reaction score
I just picked up my Ram Rebel 2021 yesterday. Traded my 2021 Silverado trail boss . I noticed the seats in the Ram don't get no where near hot, like my Chevy did. Also bummed only the bottom is heated and not the back..

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just picked up my Ram Rebel 2021 yesterday. Traded my 2021 Silverado trail boss . I noticed the seats in the Ram don't get no where near hot, like my Chevy did. Also bummed only the bottom is heated and not the back..
This must be variable - my seats get very hot and both the seat and the back heat up..

BlueMoose

Reaction score
This must be variable - my seats get very hot and both the seat and the back heat up..
Agreed - both the back and bottom heat up on mine, and they get warm enough that it makes a nice heating pad on a sore back.

Make sure that you have it on High (3 bars)? If it's still not heating both, maybe check with your dealer.

JayOntario

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Rebel 1500
Seats BARELY warm at all
4th time into the dealership
They keep telling me they work
Sooooo frustrating!

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I have a 2020 Rebel 1500
Seats BARELY warm at all
4th time into the dealership
They keep telling me they work
Sooooo frustrating!
Something's not right. I've never had issues with the seats not being hot enough (same with the steering wheel).

JayOntario

Reaction score
Something's not right. I've never had issues with the seats not being hot enough (same with the steering wheel).
Yeah I know
My 5th Ram
Heading into winter I'd like my heated seats to work
Don't know what to do
Called Chrysler Canada got a case number to give to dealership but they don't seem reluctant to do anything
Have 15,000 km

Users who are viewing this thread