5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heated mirrors

jayden_parent

Reaction score
I bought a 2019 rebel last year and found out it didn’t have heated mirrors after I brought it home. (It has the tow mirrors) Figured if it has rear defrost and almost every option that the mirrors would be heated. But sadly they are not. My question is that is it not a standard thing with those tow mirrors or did I just get screwed? And to add heated mirrors so I have to buy new mirrors and change all the wiring? Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In 2019 tow mirrors did not have heat. Or power fold. 2020 they do. You could swap tow for regular mirrors but it's a giant PIA from what I've seen on other threads.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You did not get screwed. 2019 and 2020 DT 1500s got unheated and non-power tow mirrors. The 2021 RAM 1500s have them.

Yes, you need to replace your mirrors. You will also have to have the dealership add that sales code to your VIN and reprogram your truck. Another option is to use AlfaOBD to active them.

For now the only option is to get the smaller non-tow mirrors if you want heat and power fold: https://www.infotainment.com/produc...folding-mirrors-package?variant=9918383652900

I'm sure that Infotainment will have the power/heated tow mirrors available in the future not that they are available as an option for the 1500 now.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a 2019 rebel last year and found out it didn’t have heated mirrors after I brought it home. (It has the tow mirrors) Figured if it has rear defrost and almost every option that the mirrors would be heated. But sadly they are not. My question is that is it not a standard thing with those tow mirrors or did I just get screwed? And to add heated mirrors so I have to buy new mirrors and change all the wiring? Thanks in advance

You don’t need to replace the entire mirror assemblies. You just need the replacement mirror glass that is heated. Not sure on the part numbers, but if you gave the dealer the VIN of a 2021 that has heated tow mirrors, they can look it up. Then you’ll need to pin the wires into the proper locations on the door modules, and have the heated mirror feature enabled.

kjn86

Reaction score

Did you resolve this issue? Wonder how you did it. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/