5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heated Mirror Fuse

jessed1

Reaction score
My Driver's side heated mirror is not working (yeah, that time of year already). Anyone know which fuse powers this mirror? I can't find in my book or online.

Thanks,

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The heated mirror circuit originates at the door module, so there is no fuse specifically for the heated mirror. Fuse F45 (30 amp) in the interior fuse box is for the power to the driver door module, but if that fuse is bad, then none of the mirror features, windows, or locks would function on the driver door.
If it is only the driver mirror heat that isn’t working, then it’s either the mirror heating element, or an issue with the driver door module itself. You could use a scan tool capable of reading faults in the door module to point you to the exact issue.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You could also take off the mirror glass and possibly ohm out the heater grid.

Attachments

• mirror glass.jpg
    mirror glass.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 58
  • mirror glass install.jpg
    mirror glass install.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 52
  • mirror schematic.jpg
    mirror schematic.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 53

jessed1

Reaction score
My Driver's side heated mirror is not working (yeah, that time of year already). Anyone know which fuse powers this mirror? I can't find in my book or online.

Thanks,
Shoot, since there is no separate fuse, guess I will need to have the dealer look at it. I ran it for 15 mins this morning. The passenger side was warm to the touch and the driver's side was cool. I may try to get a FLIR camera before I take it in to show the dealer.

yankeefan31569

Ram Guru
Reaction score
my passenger side mirror nukes the fog off in less then a minute my driver side take
4 to 5 mins more, now my rear window defroster doesnt work, once thing after another...ehhhh

St-na

Reaction score
Only blind spot part of the mirror glass is really heated, this part is defrosted very quick, for the remaining glass it's takes much longer. I have a filling, that's on my '14 RaM defrosting was much quicker, but I may be wrong.

jessed1

Reaction score
Turns out it was the mirror - of course it has taken 7 months for the dealer to get a replacement. It gets installed on Saturday, figure November before I really get to see if the new one is better.

darkodonny

Reaction score
Brand new 2024 similar issue. I can see the heated circle almost immediately on my passenger side but it takes maybe 5 minutes before driver side mirror starts to defrost. Weird.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Brand new 2024 similar issue. I can see the heated circle almost immediately on my passenger side but it takes maybe 5 minutes before driver side mirror starts to defrost. Weird.
MY ‘22 is the same way. Never had an issue with my 4th gen. Both mirrors would nuke the frost quickly. After reading a few of these posts with similar issues, it doesn’t bother me as much now that I know it’s not just me🤷🏼‍♂️🤣.

Kicker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Kap, thanks for the pictures and instructions, I have my passenger side mirror not working after I got too close to another object and slapped my mirror against the glass, Nothing broke but the heater does not work on that side. I am hoping a wire came off, if that is not it I may just ignore it.
Thanks.

yankeefan31569

Ram Guru
Reaction score
now my
rear window defogger doesnt work , 2 outta 3 out now, only passenger mirror working now, dont give a f%}^ anymore gonna trade it in
next summer..not putting anymore money into this truck

jessed1

Reaction score
My new driver's side mirror (replaced under warranty) actually works properly. No clue why the original one barely functioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/