5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

headliner change

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Has anyone changed their headliner to a darker color including the sunroof screen cover? Is it even possible?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Has anyone changed their headliner to a darker color including the sunroof screen cover? Is it even possible?
It should not be too difficult. See attached.

Cheers,

Attachments

• 23 - Body:Interior:HEADLINER:Removal and Installation REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION.pdf
    581.3 KB · Views: 679

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Here you go. One for the pano roof itself, and one for the sunshade. ;)

Good luck,

Attachments

• 23 - Body:Sunroof, Dual Pane:SUNSHADE, Sunroof:Removal and Installation WITH SUNROOF IN VEHICLE.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 266
  • 23 - Body:Sunroof, Dual Pane:SUNROOF, Dual Pane:Removal and Installation REMOVAL AND INSTALLA...pdf
    298.5 KB · Views: 188

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Might be difficult to remove/install without creasing it. I believe from the factory they install it through the windshield opening. Best bet would be to remove one of the front seats to make a little more room. Keep us updated though. Oh and dont forget to pull your airbag fuses, that wouldn't end well....

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
Might be difficult to remove/install without creasing it. I believe from the factory they install it through the windshield opening. Best bet would be to remove one of the front seats to make a little more room. Keep us updated though. Oh and dont forget to pull your airbag fuses, that wouldn't end well....
No way I tackle this by myself. I would leave it up to an interior professional! Lol. Just wanted to see if anyone had attempted. I’m not crazy about light colored headliners and figured the indigo frost would look great if you could color match the headliner/sunshade in a dark navy.

MSchnLoneStar19

Reaction score
No way I tackle this by myself. I would leave it up to an interior professional! Lol. Just wanted to see if anyone had attempted. I’m not crazy about light colored headliners and figured the indigo frost would look great if you could color match the headliner/sunshade in a dark navy.

I agree... I have the Diesel Gray and the Pillars and Headliner are Tan.

I missed this on my Build and was kinda taken back when I saw it.

My plan is to change them out to black.

MSchnLoneStar19

Reaction score
It should not be too difficult. See attached.

Cheers,

Where can I find this manual? I would like to change out the pillars and headliner.

I work at a Technical College with an Auto Collision Program and they might take on the job for me.

S

Smashy71

Just don’t look up. Lol

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Where can I find this manual? I would like to change out the pillars and headliner.

I work at a Technical College with an Auto Collision Program and they might take on the job for me.
You have to pay for a subscription to the tech authority website to get this material

Attachments

• A-pillar Trim Removal.pdf
    53.1 KB · Views: 167

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
Has anyone done this yet? How much should I expect to pay for the parts and install?
I haven’t messed with it yet but my headliner is being replaced by my dealer soon but it will be the same factory frost color still for now.

silverbullet

Reaction score
I would be interested in just swapping out the a-pillar plastic pieces with black ones and leaving the headliner alone

Wesalexleft

Reaction score
Anyone know if the dome light and trim can be removed with the headliner in place? I have the squeak coming from center of the headliner...no sunroof. I don't really want the liner pulled completely down, if I could remove the dome, and get to it from there, just enough to put some fabric, etc. in to stop the squeaking. I'd rather spend an hour myself, than spending 4+ hours, or even longer, at the dealer while they fix, and risk more damage.

tcrutch

Reaction score
I would be interested in just swapping out the a-pillar plastic pieces with black ones and leaving the headliner alone

I’m thinking the same thing. Anyone have recommendations on where to purchase black pillars?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JamesS

Reaction score
Here you go. One for the pano roof itself, and one for the sunshade. ;)

Good luck,
Where did you get this info from? I'm looking for info on 360 camera. Is there a place on internet I can look?

Users who are viewing this thread