5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

headliner change

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Where did you get this info from? I'm looking for info on 360 camera. Is there a place on internet I can look?
Hi James,
It‘s the mechanic’s service manual. Available here:

I believe they go for about $120 for the thumb drive with the searchable manual.

Thanks,

JamesS

Reaction score
Wow. $37.00 for 3 days use? Can you print the pages? Or is it only to view?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Wow. $37.00 for 3 days use? Can you print the pages? Or is it only to view?

You can download them in PDF form and print them if you’d like.

JamesS

Reaction score
Ok. Will look it over. Thank you.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
One more thing - You can’t batch download files, you will have to do each one one at a time, so if you can afford the thumb drive, that’s the way to go.

When I got mine, drives we’re not available for purchase, so I’ve spent three days downloading thousands of PDFs. Swore I’d never do that again. :confused:

Cheers,

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
HA! Got excited for a min until I saw the guide.
Step #2 - Remove the windshield
:ROFLMAO:
Thanks for sharing anyway.
I finally found a “suede” in a color that matches the indigo well and I’m scheduled for my install on Tuesday.

Nascar Tommy

My other Ram is a Dodge.
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No way I tackle this by myself. I would leave it up to an interior professional! Lol. Just wanted to see if anyone had attempted. I’m not crazy about light colored headliners and figured the indigo frost would look great if you could color match the headliner/sunshade in a dark navy.
It says in the instructions above that windshield needs to be removed.

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
It says in the instructions above that windshield needs to be removed.
Most installers say they can get the headliner out and in without removing the windshield. They can bring it out the front passenger door from my understanding by doing something with the seat

nogarage30

Reaction score
Most installers say they can get the headliner out and in without removing the windshield. They can bring it out the front passenger door from my understanding by doing something with the seat
Wait, so you are saying the need to remove the windshield is for taking the headliner out of the cabin? If that is the case, there should to get it out through a door even if it takes removal of the seats like in many other cars. I always thought this had to do with how it attached up front.

DarkKn1ght

Reaction score
Wait, so you are saying the need to remove the windshield is for taking the headliner out of the cabin? If that is the case, there should to get it out through a door even if it takes removal of the seats like in many other cars. I always thought this had to do with how it attached up front.

The dealerships remove the windshield when they replace the headliner. For whatever reason they went through like 4 windshields when they replaced my headliner from the 3rd brake light leak.

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
Yes the dealership removes a windshield to replace the headliner. Or they remove the rear window. Either way they have to replace whichever one they remove. You can replace the headliner without removing either of course but that’s the way they do it

Ellisstrong

Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_8613.jpeg
    IMG_8613.jpeg
    85.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_8615.jpeg
    IMG_8615.jpeg
    86.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_8612.jpeg
    IMG_8612.jpeg