5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headers

1FSTHEMI

Reaction score
Does the dipstick go in between the primaries or does it hug around the headers?

StangV

Reaction score
We installed these OBX long tube headers on my 2020 Rebel at my shop, steering shaft hits the headers must dent in the area of contact to header for clearance, the side sway bar bracket both sides (lower portion) needed to be heavily trimmed to clear headers. We heat wrapped the steering shaft area as well as applied heat & dented that section in for clearance. Check engine lights came on after about 10 miles we are installing spacing to hopefully correct issue. Over all they are definitely worth the money, performance is very noticeable as well as the sound is more of a deep engine sound through exhaust witch is bada$$.

If you don't address the clearance for header to steering shaft or sway bar brackets you will have future issues with the heat from headers melting away the rubber boot on shaft and will feel contact issues to header also the lower portion of headers will rattle against sway brackets if you don't trim for clearance.

(Pics) Look at the side by side size difference from stock to these WOW!

Hope this saves you guys time, money and aggravation.

-Vinny
Mac Performance

Attachments

• IMG_0634.jpg
    IMG_0634.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_0635.jpg
    IMG_0635.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_0644.jpg
    IMG_0644.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 136

Rebel-19

Reaction score
We installed these OBX long tube headers on my 2020 Rebel at my shop, steering shaft hits the headers must dent in the area of contact to header for clearance, the side sway bar bracket both sides (lower portion) needed to be heavily trimmed to clear headers. We heat wrapped the steering shaft area as well as applied heat & dented that section in for clearance. Check engine lights came on after about 10 miles we are installing spacing to hopefully correct issue. Over all they are definitely worth the money, performance is very noticeable as well as the sound is more of a deep engine sound through exhaust witch is bada$$.

If you don't address the clearance for header to steering shaft or sway bar brackets you will have future issues with the heat from headers melting away the rubber boot on shaft and will feel contact issues to header also the lower portion of headers will rattle against sway brackets if you don't trim for clearance.

(Pics) Look at the side by side size difference from stock to these WOW!

Hope this saves you guys time, money and aggravation.

-Vinny
Mac Performance
Looking to do this to my 19 rebel, how long did it take? Do it by yourself or have help? And on a scale of 1-10 how big of a headache was it? Also you mentioned you did this at your shop, did you have it on a lift? And do you think a lift is necessary for install?

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Looking to do this to my 19 rebel, how long did it take? Do it by yourself or have help? And on a scale of 1-10 how big of a headache was it? Also you mentioned you did this at your shop, did you have it on a lift? And do you think a lift is necessary for install?
He hasn't been on here in over a year FYI. You might want to scan the performance threads and/or post your question there

Users who are viewing this thread