5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hazards flashing/Horn honking while in park?

dstevens

Reaction score
I had this happen today out of the blue.

Truck is idling and I'm tying down some stuff in the bed when I get three rapid beeps of the horn and the flashers come on. Nothing will make it stop except turning it off. When I restart, the beeps and flashers started again.

It did something similar a few weeks ago at a red light. I thought I'd pressed a button on the fob while sitting.

There is a thread on this issue here:

I've disabled tire fill assist and hopefully that will 'fix' it.

If there is a more permanent fix that doesn't disable stuff that should not need to be disabled I'd sure like to hear it.

2019 Bighorn, Quad Cab, Long bed, 4x4, 5.7, Tow Pkg

Last edited:

23RAM

Reaction score
I had this happen today out of the blue.

Truck is idling and I'm tying down some stuff in the bed when I get three rapid beeps of the horn and the flashers come on. Nothing will make it stop except turning it off. When I restart, the beeps and flashers started again.
I think it's a software glitch that some combination causes the alarm to trigger. I had it happen once a while ago after towing my boat home. While parked and idling before backing my boat into the driveway, I got out of the truck but didn't close the door completely to avoid the 3 honk alert which I often do. A second later the hazards turned themselves on with a beeping alert tone (not honking) but nothing on the cluster info display. After I got back in, closed the door and while scratching my head for a few seconds, it stopped on it's own. It hasn't done it since and I always do the same thing when I get home to park the boat. It was a weird glitch but not a big deal as it doesn't prevent the truck from working properly. I have fill assist enabled, but I have honk when locking the doors disabled so that might be a factor as to why mine didn't honk.

pbart77

Reaction score
I have been having this problem for months... I first noticed it after the dealer install power running boards (but the truck was only a month or so old at that point)... I brought it back to the dealer twice and they could not find the problem.... also could not replicate it... I have had it happen to me several times at a drive through or traffic light where people think Im being an A-hole rather than the truck being posessed... I hope Ram fixes this soon or theres gonna be a problem.... I have no interest in keeping a truck with this problem after warranty and I'm already over 20k miles

Users who are viewing this thread