5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Having major problems with my 5th gen Help?!

Shmam-20

Reaction score
Ok it started off with my truck dying overnight so i went to jump start the next morning got in and left thats when i noticed the truck failed to shift out of 1st gear so i turned around went home and then i notice the gear marker lights werent on (the light that shows your in 2W 4H 4L 4A) and then i get this messages from the truck saying ( traction control is not available and 4x4 is not available) i figured a fuse might of blown because i jumped it these new trucks are all wires and cpu’s so i thought maybe something gave i checked fuses one by one only the (FRONT DRL) was blown but now my truck can hold a battery charge it immediately kills my battery got the battery tested and alternater all came back good i even fully charged the battery and for some reason it immediately killed the battery when i plugged it in and truck still wouldnt crank i think its something stopping the power but i switched the same relays around and nothing if anyone can give me a clue before i decide to trade my truck in its really an unpleasant thing dealership said if its anything battery related they cant warranty it bc my truck has 35k miles and i would have to pay a 150$ diagnostic fee so week has past now im still clueless this is my last resort before i have to waste 150$ and whatever is going on with the truck any takers to take on this challenge? Any kind of help would be great!

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
First of all, I think my eyes are bleeding from reading that long run-on sentence. Please use punctuation. It's easier to read, thus easier for us to help you.

I'm sorry to hear you're having this problem, but relax. You're still under warranty. Not sure that the battery is, but a new battery is peanuts compared to what a new engine or transmission would cost you after your warranty expires. Unless someone here has had this exact problem, there's really no way for us to help you fix this in a forum environment. So it's the dealership who needs to help you with this. Don't let them scare you with the threat of a diagnostic fee. If the problem ends up to be covered under warranty you'll be reimbursed for that fee. It's pointless to just sit on it for any more time though. And trading it in as is will diminish it's value.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Ok it started off with my truck dying overnight so i went to jump start the next morning got in and left thats when i noticed the truck failed to shift out of 1st gear so i turned around went home and then i notice the gear marker lights werent on (the light that shows your in 2W 4H 4L 4A) and then i get this messages from the truck saying ( traction control is not available and 4x4 is not available) i figured a fuse might of blown because i jumped it these new trucks are all wires and cpu’s so i thought maybe something gave i checked fuses one by one only the (FRONT DRL) was blown but now my truck can hold a battery charge it immediately kills my battery got the battery tested and alternater all came back good i even fully charged the battery and for some reason it immediately killed the battery when i plugged it in and truck still wouldnt crank i think its something stopping the power but i switched the same relays around and nothing if anyone can give me a clue before i decide to trade my truck in its really an unpleasant thing dealership said if its anything battery related they cant warranty it bc my truck has 35k miles and i would have to pay a 150$ diagnostic fee so week has past now im still clueless this is my last resort before i have to waste 150$ and whatever is going on with the truck any takers to take on this challenge? Any kind of help would be great!

I apologize for the frustration, @Shmam-20. If you do work with your dealer, please do not hesitate to follow up with our customer care team for further support while in service. You may call in at 866-726-4636 or submit your info here to receive an email follow up. https://bit.ly/3fy5Kfo

Mark
RamCares

Shmam-20

Reaction score
First of all, I think my eyes are bleeding from reading that long run-on sentence. Please use punctuation. It's easier to read, thus easier for us to help you.

I'm sorry to hear you're having this problem, but relax. You're still under warranty. Not sure that the battery is, but a new battery is peanuts compared to what a new engine or transmission would cost you after your warranty expires. Unless someone here has had this exact problem, there's really no way for us to help you fix this in a forum environment. So it's the dealership who needs to help you with this. Don't let them scare you with the threat of a diagnostic fee. If the problem ends up to be covered under warranty you'll be reimbursed for that fee. It's pointless to just sit on it for any more time though. And trading it in as is will diminish it's value.
I did end up taking it the the dealership. They told Me it ended up being the battery, that orielly battery test are inaccurate. I was just one of the luck few to have a faulty battery on a new truck haha. They replaced it free of charge, im guessing the guy i talked to lied about battery only being warranted for 12k miles. Im glad i got it fixed thanks for the info

GoMango16

Reaction score
They had to replace my battery this summer in my '19'. It went dead and it raises cane with the electronics.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I did end up taking it the the dealership. They told Me it ended up being the battery, that orielly battery test are inaccurate. I was just one of the luck few to have a faulty battery on a new truck haha. They replaced it free of charge, im guessing the guy i talked to lied about battery only being warranted for 12k miles. Im glad i got it fixed thanks for the info
Glad to hear they took care of you. (y)

Users who are viewing this thread