5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have you had a great dealer experience? If so, let's hear about it.

jefferyrw

Reaction score
I had the most remarkable experience yesterday...Got a call from my Ram dealer regarding a special order item that came in for my truck. I had no idea that I had a special order. It turns out that the service manager saw a scuff mark on the driver's side door panel when he checked my truck in so he ordered a new panel. In the mean time the detail department were able to buff the scuff out and I can not see anything, even under close inspection. Since they have the part and can't send it back, they want to put it in, which is fine with me. I was just very impressed with their proactive approach.

This certainly validates our choice of which dealer to work with when we decided to order the truck. I will certainly go to Albany CDJR in Albany, OR for future automobile purchases.

I should also add that the process of ordering the truck and taking final delivery went very smoothly from start to finish. Our sales guy kept us informed of the order status and has checked in with us several times to see if we needed anything. This has been the best vehicle buying experience that I have had.

Last edited:

AlbertaClipper

Reaction score
Honestly, I just hope for it not to be terrible. That said, I had no complaints at mine on the purchase...for the most part. I had a weird situation where I was in the middle of a state to state move, and financing was complicated because of it. As a result, the finance guy asked if it was ok to keep the payment but tack on 3 more months because of a proof of residency issue that resulted in a couple banks not wanting to cooperate and having to a couple other banks (less used?) for a loan. I told them I would wait a couple weeks to make the purchase when I closed on my house and it magically fixed itself. My sales guy was cool though.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Great thread! It's nice to read about something that went well for a change. I couldn't be happier with the buying experiences I've had at my local dealership, Wysup Chrysler Jeep Dodge in Pullman, WA. I've purchased three trucks from them, before, during and after covid, and all three experiences were exceptional. The sales staff, parts department, and service people are great. I actually look forward to working with them the next time I'm in the market for a vehicle. Sure, I might have been able to save a little by going to Dave Smith Motors, which is a little over 2 hours away. But I wasn't impressed with the way I was treated by either of the sales reps I dealt with. To me, great customer service both before and after the sale is where I choose to spend my hard earned money. Especially when I can keep that money in the local economy.

jefferyrw

Reaction score
Great thread! It's nice to read about something that went well for a change. I couldn't be happier with the buying experiences I've had at my local dealership, Wysup Chrysler Jeep Dodge in Pullman, WA. I've purchased three trucks from them, before, during and after covid, and all three experiences were exceptional. The sales staff, parts department, and service people are great. I actually look forward to working with them the next time I'm in the market for a vehicle. Sure, I might have been able to save a little by going to Dave Smith Motors, which is a little over 2 hours away. But I wasn't impressed with the way I was treated by either of the sales reps I dealt with. To me, great customer service both before and after the sale is where I choose to spend my hard earned money. Especially when I can keep that money in the local economy.
Thanks for the positive reply, I was hoping to encourage a little bit of positivity. I am glad that you too have a local dealer that you can work with.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good dealerships are few and far between so it's nice to see a plug for the good ones instead of "stay away from XXX".

Out of the 6 dealerships in my area (within an hour's drive) there are only 2 that I will go to. One is 20 minutes away and the other is an hour. The dealership 3 minutes from me is terrible and I wouldn't trust them to watch my dog.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good dealerships are few and far between so it's nice to see a plug for the good ones instead of "stay away from XXX".

Out of the 6 dealerships in my area (within an hour's drive) there are only 2 that I will go to. One is 20 minutes away and the other is an hour. The dealership 3 minutes from me is terrible and I wouldn't trust them to watch my dog.

I finally found a good one, only problem is they are 1500 miles away. Still bought from them and will again in the future should they still be one of the good ones. I'm sure this name will pop up a few times in here, but Mark Dodge in Louisiana.

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had no issues when I purchased my 1500 new, it was a great price and they were upfront about the other charges which were minimal. Got a discount on some factory parts that I ordered as well. They ordered me a touch up kit for a couple of small nicks that I found after I did my first hand wash on the truck. Gave me a loaner for a few days when I had to bring the truck in for some TSB's and a door panel swap for some bubbled "leather".
Pretty much got lucky as the truck was close enough to what I wanted that I didn't want to bother with ordering and flying somewhere for the best price.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I finally found a good one, only problem is they are 1500 miles away. Still bought from them and will again in the future should they still be one of the good ones. I'm sure this name will pop up a few times in here, but Mark Dodge in Louisiana.

Ditto, except about 900 miles instead of 1500.

Kaderast

Reaction score
Small town USA dealership for me, they're the only Ram dealer within 75 miles. My kids play with and go to school with the owners kids. Makes it easy to get treated right.

brenan00

Reaction score
After dealing with my local ram and gmc dealerships, I remembered I get a company car from a guy at the dealership on the other side of the island every 2 years. I called him up work it out over a weekend texting and email. I went to finalize and give a down, he told me straight it could take 5/6 months when it showed up 3 months and a week later. We were thrilled. He setup the ppf and ceramic with a great shop not in house. Need to find a guy like that in Scottsdale in a couple years.

Reaction score
Had a flat at just under 10k miles on my 2020 1500, called my local dealer and they ordered the tire for next day delivery. Turns out it was a regular blackwall instead of the white lettering for my Night Edition. Apologized PROFUSELY, had the manager come out and apologize then take $20 off the correct tire and let me keep the blackwall just in case. Awesome experience, above and beyond.

Users who are viewing this thread