5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have we figured out which wire to cut to kill the LED strips in the headlights?

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
first one to mention tazer dt or uconnect drl settings is a DB

cucubogdy

Reaction score
Which LED strip are you referring too? Do you have the LED light from the factory or you added them later? If you have them from factory can you please try and pinout the connector's + and - as I am trying to build my on harness to go from the factory non LED harness to the factory LED lights without a DRL feature just a straight adapter.

cucubogdy

Reaction score
To kill the accent LED strips disconnect pin #6 see diagram.

Attachments

• Mopar Connection Repair Kit.pdf
    182.3 KB · Views: 38

cucubogdy

Reaction score
you're the man! and good luck with your harness!
Thanks! I think I got an idea on the harness I was just wondering if the box on the Retroshop harness has any electronics in it or is just a junction box? I anyone reading this can chime in would be great.
I realize that with the factory installed LEDs you don't have the option to turn the led accents off while the ignition is on correct? That's what you were trying to get done?

Fatboy

Reaction score
You can just go back to the dealer and they can shut it off.

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks! I think I got an idea on the harness I was just wondering if the box on the Retroshop harness has any electronics in it or is just a junction box? I anyone reading this can chime in would be great.
I realize that with the factory installed LEDs you don't have the option to turn the led accents off while the ignition is on correct? That's what you were trying to get done?

yep thats it. I've messed with all the settings in alfaobd and pulling fuses, I couldn't get them to shut off.

Users who are viewing this thread