5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have Tungsten's started production?

ShawnP

Reaction score
Checking inventory and zero Tungsten's in the list.

Wondering what they look like in person.

Have a 2023 1500 Laramie Sport but always open.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Along with many others when they find out the Hemi is gone. GM and Ford's gain will be Ram's loss.

IDK about that, Fords comparable trim level only comes with the 3.5 ecoboost and an optional 3.5 powerboost
GM's comparable trim denali comes with the 5.3, 3.0 turbo diesel and the 6.2 blowupomatic
Toyota, Lol :poop:😂

I'm not real sure Rams losing much in the way of sales to the competition based solely on engine options

PetePA

Reaction score
IDK about that, Fords comparable trim level only comes with the 3.5 ecoboost and an optional 3.5 powerboost
GM's comparable trim denali comes with the 5.3, 3.0 turbo diesel and the 6.2 blowupomatic
Toyota, Lol :poop:😂

I'm not real sure Rams losing much in the way of sales to the competition based solely on engine options

What is it then? The trucks are nicer and more reliable than the competition. Is it reputation? Price? Product portfolio? Towing capacity?

It's not the hemi being gone. The 2024s WITH the hemi are selling slowly too.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What is it then? The trucks are nicer and more reliable than the competition. Is it reputation? Price? Product portfolio? Towing capacity?

It's not the hemi being gone. The 2024s WITH the hemi are selling slowly too.

If your reason for leaving the Ram is based solely on the hemi being gone, the competition will also disappoint you. GMC has stepped up their game with the interior but I ain't buying a denali with a 6.2 with all the engine failures they're experiencing. That leaves Ford and Toyota, toyota engines are failing right off the car hauler so that's a no; they are also TTV6's.
Fords Platinum would be comparable to the Ram Limited and Tungsten and they are only offered with a ecoboost so you either drop in trim to have the V8 or you're getting a TT 6cyl.

With those being your options for that trim level, what are you going to buy?

PetePA

Reaction score
If your reason for leaving the Ram is based solely on the hemi being gone, the competition will also disappoint you. GMC has stepped up their game with the interior but I ain't buying a denali with a 6.2 with all the engine failures they're experiencing. That leaves Ford and Toyota, toyota engines are failing right off the car hauler so that's a no. They are also TTV6's.
Fords Platinum would be comparable to the Ram Limited and Tungsten and they are only offered with a ecoboost so you either drop in trim to have the V8 or you're getting a TT 6cyl.

Well I'm obviously going to buy a Ram, which is why I'm so perplexed as to why sales were down so much first half of the year.

pensfan

Reaction score
If your reason for leaving the Ram is based solely on the hemi being gone, the competition will also disappoint you. GMC has stepped up their game with the interior but I ain't buying a denali with a 6.2 with all the engine failures they're experiencing. That leaves Ford and Toyota, toyota engines are failing right off the car hauler so that's a no; they are also TTV6's.

Wit

I priced a Laramie Night Edition, Level 2 package is required, sticker would be 74K. Ford Lariat V8, black edition, comparable trim options, 20" wheels instead of forced into 22's. Sticker of 70K.
I am on my 4th Ram, starting with a '95. I will definitely look at Ford and GMC next time, also considering the Ram. If the Hurricane has durabilty issues, I am gone.

pensfan

Reaction score
Well I'm obviously going to buy a Ram, which is why I'm so perplexed as to why sales were down so much first half of the year.
Low incentives the '24's . What I see available is a lot of chrome trim models, pano roofs, and undesirable colors.

Users who are viewing this thread