5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have a couple Big Horn/Laramie questions/comparisons.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I noticed that too. I’m sure it’s temporary.
The website has been very weird lately- the other day it was only showing 4 avail colors when I did a build and then after a refresh all the normal colors were options again.

Kumba1010

Reaction score
The website has been very weird lately- the other day it was only showing 4 avail colors when I did a build and then after a refresh all the normal colors were options again.
True, I just realized today that you can even add the 12" TFT cluster display to the Laramie for $245

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Comes down to your "must have" on your list. Because some features that are standard on the Laramie is not standard on the big horn.

Things you can't get on the big horn:

Leather seats
Ventilated seats
Small reclining rear seats
Leather dash trim.
Navigation (I'm bias on this because Apple car play/android auto can take care of this)
Rambox was recently removed from the bighorn package

I might be missing some off the top of my head.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Comes down to your "must have" on your list. Because some features that are standard on the Laramie is not standard on the big horn.

Leather seats
Ventilated seats
Leather dash trim.
Navigation (I'm bias on this because Apple car play/android auto can take care of this)

You can get navigation on Big Horn

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can get navigation on Big Horn
Agree.

Believe it or not, some folks have to have navigation. I don't get it, but it's true. I think it comes down to which 8.4"screen you get. With the bighorn, you can get a 5"screen. While the laramie is a standard 8.4" screen.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Agree.

Believe it or not, some folks have to have navigation. I don't get it, but it's true. I think it comes down to which 8.4"screen you get. With the bighorn, you can get a 5"screen. While the laramie is a standard 8.4" screen.

When I got mine, the 12" display was one of the options I wanted. But it wasn't for the navigation

pensfan

Reaction score
I kick myself every so often for not getting a Laramie quad cab when I had the chance, pretty sure they're only crew cabs now. Oh well, since upgrading to LED headlights the only thing I'm missing are leather seats which can be solved with Katzkins.

Lack of a passenger power seat is also kind of a bummer on the Bighorn
I sure wish they would offer a power passenger seat as an option on the Big Horn. I'd pay up to 1000 for that option. All of the manufacturers force you to go to a leather option to get a power passenger seat. I really prefer cloth seats.

Kumba1010

Reaction score
Agree.

I can't remember the last time I used in-build navigation. Apple and Android maps are free and are always up to date...and now you have CarPlay and android auto

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I sure wish they would offer a power passenger seat as an option on the Big Horn. I'd pay up to 1000 for that option. All of the manufacturers force you to go to a leather option to get a power passenger seat. I really prefer cloth seats.
The alternative is buying a Laramie passenger seat, swapping the seat covers and enabling the option through alpha obd. Sounds like a lot to go through when I haven't had a passenger complaint, even from my wife

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
You can get stuff on a Laramie that isn't offered on a Big Horn.
At a quick glance looks like the differences are the Laramie can get the GT package, 22" wheels, power running boards (factory installed), Ramboxes, multi-function tailgate, and surround view cameras to name a few

The Surround-View Camera System which is part of the Advanced Safety Feature.
When inquiring, and not knowing its part of the Advanced Safety Feature, I would ask the dealership which model they had with the Surround-View Camera and none knew.
They just figured it must be part of the Limited.
Posted it above. Also not all packages are the same between trims despite having the same name.
Agree.

It has nothing to do with the screen size. If you actually read it you see they are completely differnet radios.
The 5 inch you mention is running uConnect 3, not 4 or 5 so I really don't think that is a fair comparison you are trying to make.
1675029381579.png

Also having navigation is a huge thing not needing to relay on a cell phone for GPS. Not everyone has good signal where they live and phones can sometimes act weird and reboot etc.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Leather seats
Ventilated seats
Leather dash trim.

There’s no leather trim on my Laramie dash. It’s exactly the same plastic as my BigHorn with the addition of fake stitching. Like I said in my previous post, I’m even having a hard time finding genuine leather on my seats. They look / feel just like vinyl to me.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
There’s no leather trim on my Laramie dash. It’s exactly the same plastic as my BigHorn with the addition of fake stitching. Like I said in my previous post, I’m even having a hard time finding genuine leather on my seats. They look / feel just like vinyl to me.
I'm showing Limited and Laramie have the same exact dash (material)
Bighorn and Tradesman is different.

You might be confusing differnet trims\years. Orders getting put in are for 2023s, not 2019-2022.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm showing Limited and Laramie have the same exact dash (material)
Bighorn and Tradesman is different.

You might be confusing differnet trims\years. Orders getting put in are for 2023s, not 2019-2022.
I’m not confused at all. I used to have a 2019 BigHorn, and now I have a 2022 Laramie. The dashes look exactly the same except the Laramie has fake stitching on it. it's possible that they added leather trimmed for 2023 models, but I doubt it.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I’m not confused at all. I used to have a 2019 BigHorn, and now I have a 2022 Laramie. The dashes look exactly the same except the Laramie has fake stitching on it. it's possible that they added leather trimmed for 2023 models, but I doubt it.
It's called a leather dash.

It's no differnet then the wood steering wheel, having no actual wood on it.
Take it as you will.

The dash material is different on the Bighorn and Laramie 2023s, you can clearly see it on the website.

You aren't happy with your truck. We get it.

CatDaddy66

Reaction score
It all comes down to YOUR wants and needs. When I was first shopping for my truck I thought I wanted a Laramie. Believe or not my salesman was the one who showed me I could get everything I wanted in a Bighorn

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's called a leather dash.

It's no differnet then the wood steering wheel, having no actual wood on it.
Take it as you will.

The dash material is different on the Bighorn and Laramie 2023s, you can clearly see it on the website.

You aren't happy with your truck. We get it.
I agree it’s different, it has fake stitches on it?! 100% not leather!

Users who are viewing this thread