5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone taken delivery of 2021 TRX yet?

Jrex

Reaction score
I just drove home mine yesterday.

All I can say is, HOLLY F*@k'N ****.

Viper speed and pull, all the luxury, comfort and even ride on street of 5th GEN fully loaded Laramie or Limited, it rides even better than my 2019 Laramie Sport dynamic active suspension, wih the Hellcat, 35" tires, TRX modes and SRT Performance pages, that let you adjust and chenge all the performance setting of drive train, just like a viper or Challenger Hellcat.

I thought I wanted the red interior accents, but the standard TRX interior I got is the same, but the all the stitching is a silvery thread, I think it looks even better than the red, except in red truck.

Pictures do it no justice at all.

First Pics were after driving in rain for 2 hours home.

First pic shows how tall the TRX is, behind is my wife's Infiniti QX80 Full size SUV, TRX towers over it.

Attachments

• TRX Infiniti.JPG
    TRX Infiniti.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 197
  • Resized_20210205_170121.jpeg
    Resized_20210205_170121.jpeg
    23.1 KB · Views: 188
  • thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 193
  • thumbnail.jpg2.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg2.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 198
  • thumbnail.jpg3.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg3.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 196
  • TRX Front.JPG
    TRX Front.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 193
  • TRX Emblem color.JPG
    TRX Emblem color.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 192
  • TRX Garage.jpg
    TRX Garage.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 189
  • TRX Tailgate.JPG
    TRX Tailgate.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 192
  • 20210206_101543.jpg
    20210206_101543.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 193

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just drove home mine yesterday.

All I can say is, HOLLY F*@k'N ****.

Viper speed and pull, all the luxury, comfort and even ride on street of 5th GEN fully loaded Laramie or Limited, it rides even better than my 2019 Laramie Sport dynamic active suspension, wih the Hellcat, 35" tires, TRX modes and SRT Performance pages, that let you adjust and chenge all the performance setting of drive train, just like a viper or Challenger Hellcat.

I thought I wanted the red interior accents, but the standard TRX interior I got is the same, but the all the stitching is a silvery thread, I think it looks even better than the red, except in red truck.

Pictures do it no justice at all.

First Pics were after driving in rain for 2 hours home.

First pic shows how tall the TRX is, behind is my wife's Infiniti QX80 Full size SUV, TRX towers over it.
Very nice!

RajD1992

Reaction score
How much did you pay for yours if you don’t mind me asking and did you trade in your 2019? How much did they give you for it? I want to buy one in the next few years I currently have a 2019 Limited 4x4.

Jrex

Reaction score
How much did you pay for yours if you don’t mind me asking and did you trade in your 2019? How much did they give you for it? I want to buy one in the next few years I currently have a 2019 Limited 4x4.

RajD1992,​

Ordered back in October:
MSRP = $86,180.00
Mopar Max Care 8 year/125,000 miles. $100.00 deductible = $3,200.00, Same price as Chrysler Warranty Direct.
Sales Tax/tag = $6,000.00

Plus following upgrades:
1) Custom colored bed liner to match the exterior emblems Slate grey. (Did not order bed group).
$500.00
2) ReTRAX electronic retractable hard bed liner with key fobs and you can program your home link button to open and close it. Did not order soft bed liner. (Wanted something more secure). $1,800.00
3) QTP exhaust cut outs.
$500.00

TRX Hellcat sounds good, but not like an after market straight dual exhaust sound, but that would be to much, all the time. I have the QTP cutouts on the 2019 RAM sport. Its just a fun gadget. Leave home silent. get on the road and want some noise, hit fob button and full open exhaust. To compare, the stock TRX is quiter than the 2019 with QTP cutouts open. But the TRX has way better sound quality, tone, mean nastiness sound with hellcat. I cant imagine how crazy the TRX will sound with QTP cutouts open.

My daughter wanted the 2019 RAM for her scuba diving/boating and surfing company. So no trade in. But trade value on a 2019 that's MSRP was $65,550.00, was $42,000-$45,000.00. I bought the 2019 at the end of January 2019, when the RAM discounts, dealer incentives and rebates were around $14,500.00, so I only paid just over $50,000.00 for 2019 new. So it wouldn't of been a real beating or loss. But if you bought when those huge rebates & dealer incentives were not offered, it could be a huge issue.

TRX-No deals, discounts or rebates on TRX now. Any dealers with an unclaimed TRX on lot or in route is asking over MSRP. There was TRX launch edition on ebay at $116,000.00 a few weeks ago and auction still had 6 days to go.

2 interesting things.
1) Mopar Max Care Extended Warranty Price: When I checked online, for Mopar Extended Warranty, the TRX was not on any of the sites yet. But when I called, they logged into Mopar Warranty system and gave me a quote of $3,230.00, so the dealer matched the online price. Weird thing is, a 2021 Challenger with Hellcat, the same max car 8yr/125k/$100 ded, cost $8,025.00. I got it now, before it goes up.

2) Auto Insurance cost: Price difference from 2019 RAM to 2021 TRX was $14.50 LESS a month, than than the 2019 Laramie Sport (MSRP $65,550.00).

Both of these surprised me.

RajD1992

Reaction score

RajD1992,​

Ordered back in October:
MSRP = $86,180.00
Mopar Max Care 8 year/125,000 miles. $100.00 deductible = $3,200.00, Same price as Chrysler Warranty Direct.
Sales Tax/tag = $6,000.00

Plus following upgrades:
1) Custom colored bed liner to match the exterior emblems Slate grey. (Did not order bed group).
$500.00
2) ReTRAX electronic retractable hard bed liner with key fobs and you can program your home link button to open and close it. Did not order soft bed liner. (Wanted something more secure). $1,800.00
3) QTP exhaust cut outs.
$500.00

TRX Hellcat sounds good, but not like an after market straight dual exhaust sound, but that would be to much, all the time. I have the QTP cutouts on the 2019 RAM sport. Its just a fun gadget. Leave home silent. get on the road and want some noise, hit fob button and full open exhaust. To compare, the stock TRX is quiter than the 2019 with QTP cutouts open. But the TRX has way better sound quality, tone, mean nastiness sound with hellcat. I cant imagine how crazy the TRX will sound with QTP cutouts open.

My daughter wanted the 2019 RAM for her scuba diving/boating and surfing company. So no trade in. But trade value on a 2019 that's MSRP was $65,550.00, was $42,000-$45,000.00. I bought the 2019 at the end of January 2019, when the RAM discounts, dealer incentives and rebates were around $14,500.00, so I only paid just over $50,000.00 for 2019 new. So it wouldn't of been a real beating or loss. But if you bought when those huge rebates & dealer incentives were not offered, it could be a huge issue.

TRX-No deals, discounts or rebates on TRX now. Any dealers with an unclaimed TRX on lot or in route is asking over MSRP. There was TRX launch edition on ebay at $116,000.00 a few weeks ago and auction still had 6 days to go.

2 interesting things.
1) Mopar Max Care Extended Warranty Price: When I checked online, for Mopar Extended Warranty, the TRX was not on any of the sites yet. But when I called, they logged into Mopar Warranty system and gave me a quote of $3,230.00, so the dealer matched the online price. Weird thing is, a 2021 Challenger with Hellcat, the same max car 8yr/125k/$100 ded, cost $8,025.00. I got it now, before it goes up.

2) Auto Insurance cost: Price difference from 2019 RAM to 2021 TRX was $14.50 LESS a month, than than the 2019 Laramie Sport (MSRP $65,550.00).

Both of these surprised me.
Doesn’t surprise me I live in Southern California I saw a TRX launch edition off Tru Car selling for $135,000. If I order through the dealership will that save me money than picking one from the lot? I’m very tempted to pull the trigger right now.

Jrex

Reaction score
If you order, thru dealer, you may be able to get a discount off MSRP, as its an allocation they did not have.

The best way to get a deal is to find a new one that has been on the lot and dealer will discount it to get it off the Dealer floor plan. But I dont think too many TRX's will be on dealer lots, too long for sale.

When my truck came in, dealer put it up on internet, announcing first TRX arrived at 8am on a Monday. By the time I noticed the text saying truck was in and what day did I want to take delivery. When I called the dealer at 11am, they told me they had gotten 15 inquiries about the TRX in 3 hours, and I could sell the TRX for over MSRP and give dealer, a over MSRP finders fee. These things are red hot right now.

I bet someone will have ordered one, not realizing how big, tall and wide this thing is. it barely fits in a parking spot and any over head covered entry (parking ramp, car was...etc), need to be 82" of clearance and that only gives you 2 inches. I drive a 20019 Laramie Sport for daily driver and that barely fits in parking ramp spots or even home depot park lots spots. I always park at back of lot with regular RAM, imagine 8 more inches.

Some people will move off it, due to its size and daily usability, plus 8 MPG. I would think the best way to get a deal is to keep look out for a used one in your area, but if market is hot, prices will stay high. Just depends on demand and if this is one year build or will be continued forward.

BigD

Reaction score
How do u like not having a 2WD option ? I seen on you Tube it's only 4WD Auto or 4WD hi or low. Seems kind of weird. Can u burn out the tires ?

A-A-RonMD

Reaction score
Saw my first one out in the wild tonight. Two scrawny *** kids driving it. I'm not salty at all. Promise.

Jrex

Reaction score
How do u like not having a 2WD option ? I seen on you Tube it's only 4WD Auto or 4WD hi or low. Seems kind of weird. Can u burn out the tires ?
It was a surprise when I took delivery, with no 2WD, also.

Motortrend TV aired last night, with 2021 TRX on. 0-60 time 3.8 seconds with launch mode. Rear tires squeal for a 1/2 second (chirp) then drive train shifts power to front and truck just takes off with no tire burn.

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Jrex did they put the sport pedals in that we saw on preproduction models?

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Jrex did they put the sport pedals in that we saw on preproduction models?
I do not see them inside any of the pics I see on line for built Launch Editions that are for sale. If any truck came with them, that one would have.

Users who are viewing this thread