5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone leveled a 2WD with 5100s?

ryantcantu

Reaction score
Dug through every thread on here and can’t seem to find anyone that’s leveled a 2WD with the Bilsteins.

If you have and you’re satisfied with the stance, I’d love to hear what setting you used as mine go on tomorrow. I preemptively set my circlip to setting #7 since in my measurements, my truck has a 3 inch rake but I’ve read that the result may be super extreme so I’m second guessing lol

any insight appreciated. Thanks everyone

ryantcantu

Reaction score
Well in case anyone from the future is ever wondering the same thing:

CBA63414-3888-4C4C-BD1F-50C62CE39040.jpeg 6FBE1006-F9F3-4DF9-90EB-0C3BCAC1DF1C.jpeg

2WD, Bilstein 5100 setting #6 (2.2”). Not perfectly level but damn near close.

AllAmer1719

Reaction score
In case if anyone is curious, I tried using 3 spring compressors. Trying to get #6 or #5 position; wasn’t happening for my likening.

No spring compressor method...works awesome. At no point did I feel like “maybe I should have someone else do it”. Take your time. I’m cleaning the Sulflo off the harbor freight spring compressors and getting my money back.
I’ll finish up the driver side tomorrow morning. I’m doing #6 as well.
Then intend to do back shocks and Bilstein springs.

Turbo98

Reaction score
What size tires are you running? I’m also looking to level mine with those same rims

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AllAmer1719

Reaction score
My truck after install, setting #6. Now save for tires and wheels. Wish could do all at once!

Attachments

• E0697444-B518-448B-A87C-56A005A0CCFF.jpeg
    E0697444-B518-448B-A87C-56A005A0CCFF.jpeg
    225.1 KB · Views: 51

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My truck after install, setting #6. Now save for tires and wheels. Wish could do all at once!

Looks awesome! I'm going to do the same thing, though with Rebel springs I'll be stuck on setting 5, my ride height will likely be slightly lower than yours. But with stock 33" tires, I just going to go with Method wheels and have the stock tires flipped to black side out for now until I wear them out and go to 34" tires.

Same with me, too pricey to do both level and wheels/tires at the same time.

AllAmer1719

Reaction score
Looks awesome! I'm going to do the same thing, though with Rebel springs I'll be stuck on setting 5, my ride height will likely be slightly lower than yours. But with stock 33" tires, I just going to go with Method wheels and have the stock tires flipped to black side out for now until I wear them out and go to 34" tires.

Same with me, too pricey to do both level and wheels/tires at the same time.
You should be higher. If I’m not mistaken, you have off road springs? Those net 1”, reason why you stuck on clip 5. So essentially you’ll be close to 3” in front.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You should be higher. If I’m not mistaken, you have off road springs? Those net 1”, reason why you stuck on clip 5. So essentially you’ll be close to 3” in front.

The instructional chart for the 5100s show that the Rebel/ORP on level 5 are actually lower than the highest level possible for non-ORP springs. I believe the highest on the 5100s that a ORP spring can achieve is 2" on max 5 setting. The highest a regular spring truck can go is 2.6" on 7 and 2.2" on 6.

I think part of the reason for this is that the Rebel/ORP 1" height is not achieved all by the spring itself, I think they count the 33" tires as well for the total height difference.

Users who are viewing this thread